-21-

((BABY WE'RE BACK. FOR GOOD THIS TIME UNTIL THE END OF THE BOOK))

((Note!! Wilbur has made it clear that he does not like people thinking on his personal life. I am taking his streamer persona and making a person based on that. I don't know what the real Wilbur is like offline, and I don't intend to represent that real person. Thank you.))

((TALLER READERS: Some of you aren't short and don't have height dysphoria, which this chapter mentions. It's in the book because I have it and this is a vent book. Thanks))

((Warnings: internalized transphobia, self deprecation, height based dysphoria))

Y/n sat at the edge of the couch, tying his shoes hurriedly. He'd already gotten dressed for the day and tied his hair back as neatly as he could be bothered to.

He could hear Wilbur rushing around in the other room, stumbling and bumping into things frequently. It was so different being around him in person compared to online.

Not that he was an entirely other person. He was just... more of a person. A full being who existed outside of what he might choose to present himself as.

Right now, that existence was taking place in the form of nearly tripping on his way down the hallway and through to the front door. He picked up his keys and slid on his shoes, glancing back to Y/n.

"You ready?" He asked as he nervously bounced his heel.

Y/n nodded, rushing over to follow him out the door. Even though his car wasn't far by any standards, Y/n found himself struggling to keep up with Wilbur's pace. With his long legs, Wilbur's speed-walking was closer to a brisk jog for Y/n.

The way he towered over Y/n left him with mixed feelings.

On the one hand, it felt safe. Wilbur truly did have a big brother vibe to him, and being around him was something y/n truly could get used to.

On the other hand... he felt gross. He looked at Wilbur and he saw an adult. A man. Something it felt like he'd never be. The height was just a final nail in the coffin.

He pushed the thoughts down. Wilbur is just tall, he reminded himself. And you're just fucking short, he argued in his own head.

He squeezed his eyes shut, refusing to entertain the thoughts as he tried to buckle his seatbelt. He smacked the pieces together over and over.

"..y/n? You doing alright there?"

He opened his eyes, turning to Wilbur while still smacking his seatbelt somewhere near where the buckle should be. He looked down, buckling it properly.

"Sorry, just tired," he lied. He hoped that Wilbur didn't notice.

Was he tired? Of course he was. But not that tired. Even if he had been that tired, he was beyond just tired. He was terrified. He was uncomfortable. The dysphoria was building, but it didn't matter. He didn't have time to feel like shit. He had things to do. Wilbur had things to do.

"It's alright, Y/n. You had a long day yesterday. But if it's more than just being tired, you can tell me. You don't have to, however," he enunciated as he started the car and left his parking spot, looking around carefully. "I can tell something is bothering you."

Y/n stared at the floor, guilty but not knowing what he could do about it. He didn't want to add that pressure to Wilbur, and he didn't want to tell everyone yet. If it went wrong he would be stuck away from home, or possibly even worse, sent back home.

Wilbur sighed, glancing over at y/n briefly before returning his attention back to the road. He dropped it for both of their sakes.

"Do you want to play some music?" he offered, changing the subject in a clear attempt to save Y/n's mental state.

Y/n took the bait, plugging in the aux and scrolling through his music. He paused, a mischievous smile quickly growing on his face as he hit play.

Wilbur shook his head with a smile as the first few notes played softly through the speakers.

Well it's 2:45 pm

"Really, y/n?" his shoulders shook with laughter.

Wake up from snoring open DMs

"Hm?"

Wilbur snorted but gave in, singing along to his own song on the drive.

--

They pulled into the airport and found himself almost forgetting about everything. He let all of his dread for the upcoming weeks fade into excitement.

Wilbur parked and motioned for him to remain in the the car, tapping the back of one of his hands reassuringly.

"I'll be right back, alright?"

Y/n nodded, playing with his fingers as he waited for him to return. He knew it wouldn't be long since the plane must have landed by the time they got there. They were late after all.

Within minutes he heard the telltale sounds of people approaching. The scraping of suitcase wheels on gravel accompanied by muffled happy voices. He looked over but couldn't see much from where he was. The trunk opened and closed, followed by more footsteps. The back door on the driver's side opened and the voices became clear.

"Oh, mate you have no idea," Phil said with a laugh.

The door behind Y/n opened and Kristen slipped in behind him.

"Hiya D/n," she whispered sweetly.

He shifted around in the seat, offering a smile and a wave in return. He elected to ignore the name. If he didn't let it bother him he'd be fine.

Everything would be just fine.

He was with his friends, genuinely nice people, and he would be fine.

Everything... would be just fine.

((And why wouldn't it be?))

((After all, I am a very kind author who supplies y'all with very happy writing!))

((Pspsps join the discord server in bio))