-43-

((No big warnings, although I did scream while writing part. Enjoy))

Navigating his way through an airport was bad enough, but knowing that he'd be seeing his mother as soon as he managed it and got home made it almost appealing. He followed the main movement of the crowd to get to the main area of the building, wandering over to the baggage claim and scanning the different colored suitcases.

Didn't take long to gather it, almost to his disappointment, and start towards the door. He made a stop on the way out at a shop, using what money he had left to buy a drink and snacks for his anticipated hiding in his room until the end of time.

Impulsive, he also bought a cheesy "there's no one quite like a mom" style card and a small trinket. An overpriced peace offering of sorts.

He packed the things into his carry on and forced himself to the door.

Cars and more cars lined the front of the building, more scattered around the parking lot. He walked right past, making his way to the bus stop.

-

He reached for the doorknob, anxiety returning. As if it'd ever fully left.

But before he could open the door, someone else did.

"Y/n," his mother greeted him, swallowing back tears. "Welcome home, son."

All of the fearful rejected feelings melted into something somehow nearly equally as painful: hope. And he broke into tears himself.

"Mom?" his voice broke, unsure if this was real. He tensed up, freezing as she pulled him to her.

"I don't understand. I won't pretend I do, or that this isn't hard, but you're my child and you matter more to me than the idea I had of who you were." Her voice was soft by his ear. "I know it'll take some adjustment, but I'll look into it, and-"

"Thank you," he interrupted. "Thank you for trying."

She fell silent, speaking with her actions rather than words, and her actions were a silent promise of love.

-

Wilbur POV

((Warnings: sexual assault, possible minor anxiety attack(?), kissing, ed, implied lack of consent (this one is past tense), self-objectifying))

((Those warnings aren't at the beginning, if you gotta skip halfway through feel free))

Kristin had gone home, and Phil left along with her, both on their separate ways. Tommy and Tubbo had to go the next day to return to school as break ended, and he hadn't heard from Y/n.

Not wanting to go back to his room alone, he'd asked if Sapnap wanted to share it until he had to leave, worried it'd be weird to ask Niki or Fundy as they were already comfortable sharing. He was less worried about Sapnap, both because of their discovered past and the way they'd only gotten closer since that night. Plus, he likely wasn't pressed to stay in the car.

While he was a bit hesitant about coming in, he relented, already out to Wilbur so not having anything to worry about hiding.

Wilbur watched him for a bit that night before trying to go to sleep himself, as if his subconscious feared being left in the night. Sapnap's loose shirt just barely stuck out from under the blanket, which he'd pulled up high enough to cover his whole body. His binder sat lumped in a pile on the floor by that side of the bed.