100k

We've hit 100k reads. I honestly don't even know what to say, that's just so incredible. This is so far beyond what I ever expected from this book. From myself. From all of you.

When I was writing those first few chapters I'd never believe it if someone told me that 100 people would end up reading this book, let alone well over 1000.

I mean it when I say that writing this book changed my life. What started as a vent and a comfort story on my own developed into something that can bring that same comfort to others.

It's shown me that I am far from alone. It's shown me that I can make a difference to others, even if it isn't in a traditional way.

I've gotten so many comments and messages from people saying that this book helped them. That it made them feel better, or happy, or understood.

I never knew that I could make that impact. Never thought that through putting my own feelings out there I could give that to people. To think that I could help anyone by cracking myself open and putting all of my worst thoughts and insecurities out for the world to see.

That fact that somehow, by rambling out these feelings, I've done anything good, anything worthy of garnering this kind of attention and praise is still something I struggle to believe.

To everyone who commented wishing me a happy birthday, thank you. It was a lovely thing to experience. It was awesome seeing how many people cared enough to.

To everyone who has commented, voted, or shared this story with others: thank you so much. The responses I get to this story are always one of my favorite things to see. Thank you.

To those silent readers I know are out there: I appreciate your presence. I know things like this frustrate a lot of writers on this platform, but as someone who is frequently a silent reader I understand. While I'd love to hear from you, I appreciate you just being here.

To everyone:

This community we've formed, this little subculture we've found... it amazes me.

We are not alone.

This book proved that to me.

So genuinely, from the bottom of my heart, thank you my dearest degenerates.

-Will