-36-

((I cannot believe I've been spelling Kristin wrong this entire time))

((Warnings: coming out, food))

((Also, anteater hate warning /j))

Y/n sat with his legs curled up on the couch, considering backing out. He'd only decided to do this on the car ride back after all, not even an hour ago. It'd just been him, Wilbur, Niki, and Fundy, with Phil driving. He'd told them all as soon as he'd decided, so it wasn't as if he could back down anyway. Wilbur was across from him on the other couch, Tommy and Tubbo in the other room.

He tried to recall his exact wording, as if searching for a way it could've been interpreted as anything else, allowing him to put this off further.

"Hey, I-" he paused, unsure if he wanted to speak. Unfortunately, it was too late, as he'd effectively gathered attention in the quiet car. "Everyone here knows, I think I should come out."

And now here he was, in the main room, listening to others shuffling around as he waited for 'the right moment,' whatever that meant.

"Karl just texted me a picture of an anteater and said, and I quote, 'this you?' What the fuck does that mean?" Sapnap said, leaning back against the counter. He flipped his phone around as if for emphasis, and even though he was across the room, Y/n could make out the brown mass that he assumed to be the animal.

"Take it as an insult," Wilbur spoke without looking.

"Because they walk funny-" Sapnap mumbled under his breath as he read the words, looking back up with a blank face. "Because they walk funny," his eyes fell back down as a new message popped up. "No wait, that's a joke, ah, 'because of the way their d.. What the fuck?" he laughed.

"Ooh, can I see?" Niki bounced over, completely disregarding the half finished sentence in favor of the possibility of a cute animal. He turned it back around silently, and she made an 'aw' sound that seemed hardly voluntary.

"Niki, you fucking traitor," Wilbur groaned.

Fundy leaned over the back of the couch y/n was on, arms folded in front of him.

"They aren't all that bad." Y/n could make out his shrug in his peripheral.

"They're cute, Wil," she teased, leaning over the back of the couch next to him. "Just look at it's little face!"

"I have," he complained. "Hideous fuckers. Disgrace to nature. Probably committed several war crimes."

"I can't believe you're still on about this," Phil laughed. "Anteaters are fine, and have committed far fewer crimes than you have," he joked, nudging him in the side.

"Ow, and fuck you. Tommy! Fuck, O/n, back me up on this," he settled.

"Awful things," y/n agreed. "Definitely evil."

"See!" Wil gestured towards him.

"Yeah?" Tommy ducked around the corner.

"Nevermind. Although..." he glanced at y/n, raising an eyebrow as if to ask 'are you ready?' He was not. He nodded anyway. "Can you bring Tubbo back with you?"

"Oh, uh, yeah sure," he glanced around the room before turning and heading back down the hall.

"Something up?" Sapnap asked, coming around and sitting on the arm of the couch next to Wilbur.