-37-

((I would like to briefly touch upon Tubbo's reaction in the previous chapter, as the comments made it clear that people were.. less than pleased. For one, that ties in with his character, his bluntness as well as other things will be explained in the sequel))

((For two, I want to include reactions other than super accepting and understanding, since it's unrealistic that everyone will act that way. Not everyone is super educated on trans issues, in fact, most people in real life aren't. There are people who will be unaccepting, at first, or forever. There are also those like Tubbo, who will need extra help to understand the concepts, but are trying to understand, and that is what should matter and count. Just had to get that out there))

((Now, to the actual chapter))

((Warnings: toxic fandom, many much misgendering (of two characters, one of which is brief and because of pov), coming out, mentions of panic attack / crying))

Oh.

He'd tried to be hopeful when he'd first heard, but it quickly became apparent that it wasn't a good thing. It probably could've been worse. At least no one was getting cancelled. Although... on second thought this might actually be significantly worse. It'd started innocently enough, from what they'd gathered. A couple of fans had been there earlier that night, seen the group, and posted a picture. Creepy, but nothing shocking.

It wasn't clear who'd been the first one to point out the unfamiliar face, with the way the post had blown up so quickly, but it didn't take long from there for people to put two and two together.

Is that o/n? If so, I might be a simp🙈

O/n has a face? No way!

I refuse to believe it, that can't actually be her 😍

Thousands of similar comments flooded both the original post and the many others that followed as people screenshotted and reposted, spreading the image like wildfire.

Wilbur POV

To say that he was livid when he was told about what was going on may just be an understatement. It took everything in him to post something diplomatic on the issue, rather than cussing out what were likely a bunch of young teens.

I understand your excitement, but this is not ok. We are real people, and taking pictures of us without us knowing is bad enough without doing it to those who haven't revealed their faces yet. If you've taken part in this trend, please take down your posts. It's highly disrespectful to o/n, as well as the rest of us.

He was one of many to call attention to it in the effort of damage control, others both from the present group and the mcyt community fighting against it. Some people who'd posted the images leaving apologies, and some turning against others as if they hadn't encouraged it as well.

Fandoms could be atrocious at times, and if anything this served as a solid reminder to that.

He shut his phone down, pressing his palms into his eyes.

Y/n didn't deserve this shit. He was just a kid, for fucks sake, and even if he hadn't been trans this would've been a shitty thing to happen. He could hardly imagine what he must be going through at the moment.