-25-

((The typo on the last chapter has reminded me why I set up beta readers. Speaking of which, big thank you to Alastair_awsten and 92273M for checkin out this one for me))

((Ok guys, I know you're all mad at Tommy but pls remember it isn't on purpose. Yes, feel free to share your emotions, but remember it isn't truly his fault and he's trying his best.)

((The beach episode~))

((Pretend you're like 5'4 if you're tall. Thanks))

((Warnings: deadnaming, misgendering, body dysmorphia, dysphoria, like a lot of dysphoria, body checking (?), "girl" clothes, public, crying in public))

There are certain things which a trans youth never wants to hear.

Certain things which send a chill up one's spine, drive dread into one's heart, and most importantly, which Y/n was absolutely not prepared for that morning. Things such as:

"Say, Wil, isn't there a beach not far down the way?" Phil asked. He stretched his arms out, fighting a yawn as he continued. "Lovely day, shame to waste away inside."

He wasn't wrong. The sun shone across the pavement outside, light reflecting off of what was left of last night's rain. Clouds drifted past the midafternoon sky in the gentle breeze, preventing the sun's glare from becoming overwhelming.

Y/n, however, was not concerned with the weather.

"There is, yeah," Wilbur answered, turning to the window. "I wouldn't mind going out."

He knew that he had no right to be upset with Wilbur over this. He wasn't doing anything wrong. It wasn't his job to think of everything from the perspective of some angsty teenager. This was a normal thing which normal people did and he couldn't get mad at Wilbur for wanting to do it. It wasn't Wilbur's fault that just the thought of this was terrifying to Y/n.

Ugh.

No, not everything could be about this. He would not let dysphoria be his entire life. He'd decided when the opportunity first came up that he would enjoy this trip, and he wasn't going to let this stop him. He was going to the beach and he'd be damned if he didn't like it.

"Bet the water's great," Phil spoke wistfully.

"Probably is, yeah," Wilbur agreed. "But uh," he said, a barely visible nervousness coming over him. "We'll have to check with the others first, right? I mean, we didn't exactly plan ahead and they might not have, uh... packed... for that."

Smooth Wilbur, very smooth.

"I definitely didn't bring a swimsuit or anything like that," Y/n said, feeling smart for a moment before feeling very very stupid. He'd basically just left an open invitation for solutions. He hoped no one suggested buying one. He hated those things with a passion.

"You could always wear a shirt and shorts or so," Phil suggested nonchalantly. "I'm sure the others have the same."

Oh thank god.

"I'll go check with Tommy and Tubbo," Wilbur said, excusing himself from the room quickly.

"Heya, D/n, you do have clothes that'll work, right?" Phil asked. "I'm sure we can figure something out if not."

"I.. I think so," Y/n answered as he stood. "I have to, uh, I'll go check."

He rushed out of the room, heading straight for the guest room that he'd been sharing with the other two. He heard voices as he got near and assumed that it was Wilbur talking to the two. As he turned the knob and opened the door he was surprised to find just the two teens in there.