-40-

((Hardly related, but good mashup ^ though one song reminds me of upcoming plot stuff..))

Y/N POV

((Warnings: implied stranger-danger, smoking, ed, coming out))

Y/n woke up relatively early, but knew there was no way he'd be falling back asleep. It was surprising, given how late he'd been up, that he managed to wake up at- he checked the time- about 5.

He considered just sitting around and waiting for the other two to wake up, but decided against it. Y/n knew it was an odd thing to do, but the impulse to just take the walk from the office back to the house was too strong to ignore. He knew the way well enough, and it wasn't all that far anyway.

He stood from the floor, scrounging around for something to write on to leave a note for the other two.

Headed out early, see you later bench boys <3

He stuck it to the inside of the door with a piece of scotch tape before grabbing his phone and heading out.

The cold morning air was fresh and welcoming, his footsteps scratching against the gravel in a pleasant rhythm. He took a deep breath, watching as it traveled out into the sky in a foggy form as he exhaled.

The walk passed quickly, just time spent in the company of his headphones and his own thoughts. Surprisingly though, it wasn't unpleasant. He hummed along to the end of a song as he neared the house, passing a couple of neighbor's in silence.

He walked past the car quietly, knowing Sapnap was likely out there still, and stepped up to the porch. To his surprise, he wasn't alone.

Wilbur caught sight of him quickly, blinking a few times as if he was trying to determine if Y/n was actually there. Suddenly he started, pressing something into the railing and waving a hand to clear the air.

Y/n realized that what he'd thought was just the vapor of Wil's breath was actually smoke, and paused. Wilbur smoked?

"You walked?" Wil finally asked, seeming almost appalled. "Why didn't you call?"

Y/n shrugged.

"It's a nice morning, figured I'd put my gamer legs to use?" He tried to joke.

"It's dangerous, y/n,"  Wilbur sighed, shaking his head. "I'm glad you're alright, just let someone know where you are next time, alright?"

He nodded, uncomfortable in the thick air of things unspoken. He wondered if Wilbur could feel it, the so-called elephant of the room. Y/n certainly could. It felt like it was sitting on him then, crushing him with the weight of the words he still struggled to find, but knew he'd have to get out eventually.

"I overheard you and Phil talking the other night," he finally said.

An awkward silence hung in the air as Wilbur paused, chewing at his lip for a moment as he thought back to what that could be referring to. It seemed to dawn on him as the color drained from his face.

"How much?" he asked hesitantly, tugging his sleeves over his hands.

"Enough," Y/n swallowed, unsure if he regretted bringing it up yet. Wilbur's eyes trailed to the cigarette butt on the railing, almost as if he wished he hadn't put it out. He subtly flicked it off the edge and into the rocks below, as if y/n hadn't already seen it. Before Y/n knew it, he was rambling all of the thoughts he'd been pushing back for the past few days. "I um, I'm sorry. I really didn't mean to, and I know you don't want me to know, and I'm sorry for listening, and sorry if I made it worse or caused it to come back, I know I've been stressing you and-"