-31-

((Kristen in this one <3))

((Blame the discord for what's coming, they most literally asked for this on all of your behalves))

((Warnings: minor reference to ed, anxiety, mentions of medication, minor self harm, nsfw joke, tense, lying?, the usual misgendering and deadnaming))

The room fell quiet as Phil walked out, the only sound being his footsteps as he walked down the hall to Wilbur's room. The creaking hinges of the door seemed so much louder in the silent air.

Tommy scratched at the skin just above his knee anxiously, rocking softly. Sapnap seemed restless, glancing back over at the door every few seconds as if considering if he should follow them. Y/n stared at the table in front of him, guilty, but also knowing there was nothing he could do. Tubbo seemed nervous, partly because of whatever was happening, but mostly because of the silence.

"They'll be back soon," Kristen was remarkably calm as she broke the silence. "He might have forgotten his meds this morning."

Tommy looked up, eyes wide with concern. He'd moved his hands to his lap, scratching at and picking at them subconsciously.

"Anxiety meds," she explained. Tommy nodded, not looking any less concerned, but the statement gathered the attention of the others who were seemingly less aware. "I know that he's mentioned them on stream, so I know he doesn't mind any of you knowing, even if he hasn't directly told some of you. You know how he is, never wanting to worry anyone," she smiled softly, fondness evident in her voice. "He's good about taking them but forgets once in a while. He'll be alright, he just needs some space for a bit."

She was so calm and certain in her explanation that Y/n almost believed her for a moment, nearly forgetting everything that had just happened. It all added up. He'd been on a stream when Wilbur mentioned it, so he knew that was true. Had he really forgotten them, or- oh.

It was a cover up. A damn good one too.

"Should we play again without them?" Tubbo asked, seemingly satisfied with this explanation. "Phil said we should."

Kristen nodded.

"Wil wouldn't want everyone focusing on it. He can be pretty private with this stuff," she spoke as she moved all of the pieces back to the starting circles. "Tubbo, want to pick colors first?"

"Ooh, can I have green this time?" he leaned forward, legs crossed under the table.

"Of course. Tommy, do you-"

She was interrupted by the scraping of Tommy's chair as he scooted back and awkwardly stood.

"I have to use the bathroom, but if you were asking about colors, red. If anyone else takes it, they will regret it."

"You're going to end up without a team again if you leave before we decide," Sapnap called after him, but he was already too far to hear him. "Welp. Half of us have lost our partners, do we want to just scrap the old teams?"

"What do you say D/n, wanna be on the winning team this time?" Kristen winked at him, tapping the chair next to her invitingly.

"Why not? I could stand to win something," he joked, moving over to sit next to her.

"Don't worry, they don't stand a chance. Ladies never lose, after all," she joked.

Y/n wasn't sure when he'd decided that he might as well end up on the girl team, but at this point, he didn't even want to argue. It felt like every time he even spoke he just messed something new up. Whether that be Wilbur's mental health, his friendships, hell, even his own self esteem was crushed every time he heard his own voice. It had to be all his fault, it just had to be. Was he just a bad omen? A better friend would help people, not hurt people. At this point... he'd started to think maybe he deserved to feel like shit anyway.