A fragile heart (Kouko)

(Y/N)

Kouko , a girl I fell instantly fell in love with on first sight. After getting to know her even more, it does not help me as it is really getting to the point where I lost all sense of control when I'm near her. I can't talk, I can't look at her, it feels as if my tongue were tied. How did I know her? Well from a friend I just met in the university that I recently just started studying in which was Mitsuho. It was said that he has a past with her. That led Kouko being obsessed with him which was funny at first but as time goes on, it really starts to ache my heart. It feels like its eating itself inside out when I see Kouko and Mitsuho together. The good thing or bad thing about all of this is that Mitsuho does not look at her in that light. One side of me smiled to that fact but another part of me feels bad because all I want is to see her happy. Its not that I have seen her cried at least not yet. She took the constant rejects like its for breakfast. I envy her, I couldn't utter a single word when i'm around her. I guess im just born to be pathetic?

Doctor: You have to take things slow.

Me: Why?

Doctor: Have you ever heard people dying because of a heart break?

Me: That's a thing? I thought that was all in the fairy tails.

Doctor: Unfortunately, it is a real cause of death, it seems that your heart is very sensitive and judging by our test on your heartbeat in different conditions, it could react drastically if it would be exposed to a strong stimulus.

Me: Is there any medication I can take to prevent such death?

Doctor: *sighs* I don't know kid, take this *gives me pills* this could at least reduce the chance of that to ever happened. Take this when you really need it. Remember take 2 pills and nothing more or less.

Me: I understand doc *takes the pill* Thanks for your concern.

Doctor: Before you leave.......

Me: Yes? *turns around*

Doctor: Is there anything you have constant anxieties about?

Me: No doc no worries. *smiles*

I looked at the pills he gave me, I'm sorry doc, its not that I can't trust you, I don't want anybody to worry about me. Thoughts starts to stormed into my head, "Should I confess?" , "Yes, she needs to know who really loves her." , "Do you want to die? its obvious she'll say no and then what? you'll die because of your weak heart can't take the sheer pressure from your emotions." I shook my thoughts trying to think other things but I can't simply shook away the thought of her would straight up reject me. Suddenly, I felt a tap on my shoulder so I turned around to see Kouko with a bright smile on her face. Honestly, her smile is all I need to brighten up my day.

Kouko: What are you doing doufus? *smiles*

Me: I w-was ju-just wa-walking b-by.

Kouko: awwwww *hugs my arm* then wanna go to my house?

I am beyond helpable as I am blushing out of my mind right now as she just casually hugs my arm.

Me: W-what d-did y-you s-say?

Kouko: W-a-n-n-a c-o-m-e t-o m-y h-o-u-s-e?

Me: I w-wa-wan-want to!!!!

Kouko: *smiles brightly* YESS we have to discuss on how can I get Mitsuo after all.

I knew it, Mitsuo is all she thinks about, even then, even it was about him, I don't care...... I just want to see her happy and that's all it matters.

We discussed on various ways how she can get her love as I kept on cheering for her. My heart starts to hurt she being happy suppressed that pain.