(Yae Miko) Acceptance is difficult

Ei's POV
The shrine maiden has been reported missing for 2 months now and I know the reason. She has been missing 2 times throughout history, without her, it's going to be absolute chaos. I can't blame her for this one, it hit her hard but I still need my friend back. I went to a location where I'm confident that she'll be there and there she is, sleeping beside the tombstone in her small fox form.

Here lies
An amazing Author
A best friend
A loving husband
(Y/N) (L/N)

Flashback

3rd POV

At Dragonspine, a 10-year-old adventurer can be seen transversing through the harsh terrain with his dad. Until he heard a slight whimper from a cave. He asked his dad if he could check it out and his dad gave the green light, both he and his dad ventured into the cave. After minutes of trying to search for the source, they stumbled upon a small pink fox which had one of its tails stuck under a rock, the young boy was trying to lift it up but to no avail, his father saw this and helped him, because it's too heavy, his dad made a lever to lift it up. After the rock was lifted, he quickly lift the fox up, carrying it in his arms.

Father: We should bring it back to the camp, then we'll think about it.

The boy simply nods and brought it back to the camp, throughout their way to the camp, the fox tried to hug the boy close with its little body. After enough warming up, the fox got on top of the boy's lap, trying to see what he is doing. He was writing a story about a traveller and he was writing about how he met the fox. The fox then looks at (Y/N) and rubs her head on his coat.

Father: The fox really likes you.

(Y/N): Can we keep it!!!! Please please please!!!!

Father: *ruffles (Y/N)'s hair* Fineeee, you have to remember, taking care of a pet is a big responsibility.

(Y/N): Pet? I like to think of it as a companion. *smiles*

His father can't help but smile at how cute his son is with the little fox.

They went back to their home, in Inazuma and the little fox lived with them for a while it had an amazing time, its favourite time is to watch (Y/N) writing until it fell asleep on his lap until they had to let it go because of more travels.

(Y/N): Bye bye *waves goodbye*

The little pink fox looked at the 2 and it went back to them for a little bit so they'll pet it for the last time and went to the wilderness.

Father: you did the right thing, I am proud of you.

(Y/N): *sobs*, thanks dad.

After enough travels, (Y/N)'s father got sick and passed away. This hurt the man, he travelled and lived with his dad for 23 years but everything must come to an end. After his father's death, he wrote and published novels in hopes that will keep him distracted. He decided to pay the Grand Narukuni shrine a visit to pray for his dad. After the prayer, he was about to walk down the stairs, he heard a beautiful voice singing. He went to check it out to see a girl singing while the birds started to come and rest on her shoulders.

Yae's POV
I love it when birds rest on me, I could gobble them up any moment. *giggles* I heard someone came up, it was...........no way..........its him......... I want to jump into his arms so bad but he didn't know I was the fox and it should stay that way.