The one that changed her (Raven)

3rd POV

Raven can be seen clutching on to a body like her life depends on it. Raven Branwen is known for her emotionless personality as she feels no empathy in the public eye. Yet......tears can be seen from her eyes. This was the first time she ever cried, she never did when her parents passed away, her friends back then , cause all she thought was the strong will always survive, the weak ones will always be the ones to fall. But this........this was too much for the her.

Flashback

Raven was sitting in combat class minding her own business until an interesting match peaks her interest, It was (Y/N) against one of the teams. She was curious on why despite not being able to retrieve a relic, he is still chosen to stay in Beacon. She starts to pay attention to the match whilst a certain yellow-haired try to flirt with her. Without a sweat (Y/N) easily won the match following up with clapping from the audience. Raven realises this might be her golden opportunity to make him a sparring partner to get her closer to her goal.

Raven: Excuse me

(Y/N): *turns around* ohh hey....... ughhhhh.

Raven: It's Raven.

(Y/N): Oh yeah I was just trying to recall, the names (Y/N) and....what's up?

Raven: Nothing much, I wonder if you have time to spar?

(Y/N): Ohhhh I'm pretty much free all day.

Raven: *smiles* That's great.

Raven and (Y/N) went to the training room as they spar non-stop trading blows to one another but (Y/N) still manage to beat her easily. He smirks as Raven was panting trying to catch her breath.

Raven: Where did you learn to fight?

(Y/N): *smiles* I kinda trained by myself. *offers Raven a hand*

Raven: *accepts his hand and gets up* Wait like you have no master or teacher?

(Y/N): Nah, my parents passed away while I was a child, brought to a foster home, and I made myself time to just get better in combat.

Raven: *shocks* That's impressive.

(Y/N): Awww thanks. It was tough at first because the disadvantage of not having a teacher is that you don't know where you did wrong. The only way to find out if I'm being able to survive a fight or not.

Raven: My brother and I were trained since little by our tribe. To be honest, Qrow and I were sent here to kill not just to be huntsman and huntress, I hope you don't hold any grudge against me.

(Y/N): Nah, why would I? That's your life.

Raven smiled at that as she for some reason felt something in her, she don't know how to describe it, cause it the first time she felt that way, it's like she could share anything with him and he won't judge or intervene. Once they reached STRQ's room, Raven invited him in to introduce him to her team.

(Y/N): That would be nice cause being in a one-man team sucks cause you got nobody in your dorm.

Raven: *chuckles* that sucks indeed. Anyways this is my team, that is Summer.

Summer: *munches on cookies* heffrriow.

Raven: Over there is Tai and my brother Qrow.

Qrow: Sup *sips his bottle*

Tai: hello there, I heard you are also into hand 2 hand combat. *smiles*

(Y/N): You too? That's hella cool.