CHAPTER 02

The never-ending battle of the two coteries forever evokes an undeniable tension.

. . .

[Yoongi's POV]

Striding up to them with their heads held up high, were the four people who were named as the Horsemen of not only the Academy but also the town of Ncisnorth; Novak Connor, Luther Trevino, Aydin Kadir and Zhang Yumi. Yoongi thought if Hyangmi's mother considered the Bangtan boys bad, he wondered what would she call these four when she would know about them.

"I bet my mum would call them a shame to mankind," Hyangmi whispered to him. Yoongi smiled how their thoughts displayed congruency, after all, the duo had been friends since middle school and therefore sometimes, not always, sometimes Mrs Noh would allow Hyangmi to accompany the boys merely owing to the fact that Yoongi was her best friend.

"Did you address me?" Yumi amused, pointing her manicured nails in her own direction. She had small eye slits and a long face, caked with make-up with as many layers as the snow piled outside the entrance of the Academy - Yoongi thought, looking at her with abhorrent eyes.

"Wasn't it obvious?"

"Too much sassy huh?" Yumi strode up to her.

"Back off - " Jin stepped forth, glaring at Yumi. " - unless you're determined to lose your nose."

"What do you want?" Namjoon spoke for the first time.

"The truce stated that the two coteries would not meddle into each others' businesses, however, your girl here carried pertinacious sensibility earnestly to ruin our work." Novak, their leader spoke nonchalantly.

The Rise Academy could've been anything but the factory of products dazzling in perfection for the horsemen had been the only reason why the products - that were the students - lacked their quality. The Horsemen had thrilled as well as frightened them with their dangerous acts. Peace and love had no place in Ncisnorth until the Horsemen stayed to ruin it, bullying and threatening people around to such an extent that students, living under the threats, cared no more for the damn peace and love.

Except for the Bangtan boys.

Their - the Horsemen's - power came from two things: one, they had followers who fantasized about them and they did not care. Two, they were born with the blessing of the right name, connections, and money. Zhang Yumi was the daughter of the owner of Academy and an influential socialite, Luther Trevino, son of a senator, Aydin Kadir was the son of a real estate developer of Faburn city and Novak Connor was the son of a police officer who served the highest rank in the department.

Therefore, people knew well why they shouldn't mess with them.

"Mind you, the truce was set up so that the Horsemen would not initiate any act of bullying which you lot did not agree to settle with considering I caught you pressurizing a freshman!" Hyangmi lashed out, pushing Seokjin aside with so much sudden force that for a moment Yoongi thought the elder was going to let out a raucous yelp.

"Okay now stop." Grabbing a hold of Hyangmi's top from behind, Yoongi tugged her backwards. Lacing his fingers with her he whispered in her ear, "Noh, people are looking."

He was right. All the students in the hallway were looking at her as though she was crazy.

"Alright. That won't happen again. The truce remains the way it was." Yoongi's deadpanned reply caused the corner of Novak's mouth twitched into his cheek, transforming into a smirk.

"Oh, really? Your words are of no importance to me. The truce is broken and you can't stop me." He turned around, starting to stalk off towards his class when he abruptly stopped and twirled back around on his heels, the smirk yet plastered. "I see you got a new member. Well, shorty we'll have a chat sometime later about this."