CHAPTER 34

A fool is who ignores knowledge because it differed from their desired outcomes.

• • •

[Yoongi's POV]

"We need to do something," declared Seokjin as the boys and Hyangmi, all with a sallow look on their faces reclined themselves on the empty chairs of the cafeteria while the step-siblings were yet jointly in the hospital room upstairs, disbursing a quality time.

"No, you guys need to do something. There's no 'we' anymore," Yoongi said, averting his gaze towards a particular barista inspecting him take orders of customers as if there was nothing better he could reckon of to distract himself.

"The Horsemen are going out of control, Yoongi," someone said but he knew that the voice belonged to Hoseok.

"If they are, I will deal with them in my way."

"And who exactly are you? Superman?" replied Hoseok heatedly, "what do you think of yourself, huh? You can't even take care of yourself!"

"Is it my fault? You left me!"—Yoongi's head snapped in Hoseok's direction—"and you told jungkook about our secret! Did you not feel it was important enough to ask me first before telling him?"

From the corner of his eye, Yoongi could feel the youngest, Jungkook move uncomfortably on his chair but in striking honesty, he did not care if his words hurt the boy or rather anybody.

By now, some people in the cafeteria had caught their attention, cottoning on their voiced fight.

"I didn't ask you because I knew you'd say no. And I can't risk your life. Don't you get it? We are trying to help you!" Hoseok waved his hands around, vexed beyond perception as the rest of the boys and Hyangmi looked at the two with notable baffled gazes.

"What is this all about?" Namjoon leaned forth, peering exchangeably between the two.

"I'm sorry Yoongi, I can't keep it as a secret anymore," said Hoseok with a serious countenance conjured upon his face as he then turned around to face the perplexing horde, deeply sighing and then: "he has somniphobia, discomfort and anxiety at the thought of sleeping alone."

There, he said it.

Yoongi was nearly boiling internally like a kettle on a stove, just almost to blow off the steam. His nostrils were flaring as he ground his teeth with unconscious determination.

"Why didn't you tell us before?" Seokjin demanded, suddenly standing upright from his seat, bending across.

Elbows resting on the table, Yoongi dug his head in his hands. "It didn't matter before and it certainly doesn't matter now."

"Gosh, I feel like punching the crap out of you," said Taehyung, almost mumbling to himself but he heard it and oddly speculated to himself that he had seen the younger worried for him after a long time.  

"How could you not tell us? We're your friends!"

Jesus Christ.

"We no longer are!" Yoongi jolted up straight, balling his fist as if he was ready to knock out his hyung.

Suddenly, Hyangmi sprang up from her seat violently, slamming her hands on the wooden furniture, "shut up everyone! I am moving away by next week!"

Yoongi's heart dropped in the pit of his stomach, somewhere around his navel as if about to abruptly cease to termination at the proclamation. Unconscious of his own state as he was when his hands began shaking as though it all seemed so overwhelming to him that he wanted to cry out loud to god, plead Him to stop everything that was transpiring.