CHAPTER 30

Trust is no trust at all
if you require condition.

. . .

[Yin's POV]

"Nice house," said Mr Park. "These must be your friends, I presume."

With breath, all of a sudden, quickened, Yin watched her father strutting in, peering around before his gaze halted on his son, Jimin, a displeasing frown etched on his face to show his disapproval.

"What do you want?" Yoongi stalked over to him when he closed the door.

"Nice to meet you all," said Mr Park, disregarding Yoongi's look of mingled exasperation and annoyance. "Myself, Park Donghae, Jimin and Yin's father," he smiled broadly as the rest gawked at him, sparing him with their reluctant or uncomfortable smiles.

"What do you want?" Yoongi gritted out.

Yin fisted her hands at her sides, striving to even out her breaths.

"Can we talk privately?"

Yoongi paused for a while as though contemplating and then said, addressing the rest, "all alright, everyone, get out. It's already late."

Oh no. Yin did not want to be in this house with her father.

The boys looked at each other, exchanged glances, Hyangmi, from beside her, stuck out her tongue at Yoongi for his discourteous manners and all, with quiet murmurs, disembarked except for Jimin.

"Jimin, you go home too."

"But dad -- "

"Don't tempt me to send you home myself," he snapped, narrowing his eyes dangerously and without a word, chin dipped down, Jimin walked towards the door just as he added.

"And son, for the acts you have been pulling out these days, I'm beyond disappointed at you," Jimin muttered an apology before scurrying away.

The door clanged shut right when her mind too shut down upon hearing the next words her father sputtered out.

"She can stay," Mr Park concluded bitterly, throwing Yin a resentful look before turning around towards the dining table to rest his bag as the two of them, Yin and Yoongi, hung behind.

"What do you want?" asked Yoongi for the third time.

"My daughter. I am here to take her back with me," stated the old man flatly.

Yin took a shaky breath in, face drained of any colour. No, this is not happening. No way.

"As far as I recall, you were the one who kicked her out. May I ask what made you change your decision?" Yoongi crossed his arms.

"You."

"What?"

A sly grin that had always disgusted her—sluggishly crept on his face, "you are the son of Ms Seoyoon Min, the most successful and independent widow I have ever seen, am I right?"

"You do realize that I have unfortunately known this as a fact for the past eighteen years of my life?" Yoongi snorted.

"I do but there are some facts you may not be aware of."

"Such as?"

"Ten years ago,"—Mr Park's eyes went stone-cold—"your mother had deceived me to acquire my rightfully owned companies and wealth, thereby ruining my life."

What?

Then why did he say that it was because of business failure?

"And I still don't see a reason why I am involved in this much less your daughter."