CHAPTER 21

No secret can ever remain coveted for their sole purpose is not to be hidden forever instead is to be disinterred.

. . .

[Yin's POV]

She stared at the tiny leaping splash of a yellow flame of the lighter that burnt vividly in the dark, casting black moving shadows that danced on the glowing wall behind her. Her eyes though stared at the small thing, wavering, motile, her mind was in its own kingdom of thoughts, distant, so distant that the surrounding existed as a blur to her and the only thing that bewitched, locked her gaze was the moving bright flame before her eyes; an enrapturing, dazzling fire that spoke the unspoken words of serenity and peace.

What had she become? Was there any way she could rip off that beating heart inside her? The reason for her distress? People considered the heart as a beautiful resemblance of life or cherished love but what about the hopeless pain gurgling inside her veins because of her heart?

Yin loathed the pathetic beating organ inside her as much as she loathed her pathetic family, her pathetic, psychotic father. Again, could she rip her stupid, imprudent heart out just so she could release herself from this suffocation, unsolicited agony that was breaking her?

She exhaled deeply.

Such a callous job is breathing?

The flame was still dancing before her and she continued to watch it with dedication as it provided so much comfort, tranquillity to her, the comfort she had been searching for in her sleep which was jarred, torn apart with those disgusting nightmares that reminded her always who she had been, who she was.

The coldness of the night did not bother her as the small amount of heat irradiated by the kindled fire, gave her not only warmth from outside but from inside, deep within her where her restless soul lived.

She sighed again, thinking what would have happened to her if this flame didn't exist, if it didn't collect her scattered sanity, her scattered self who was dying within now held at the sheer end with this spark of fire that though temporary, cured or perhaps provided a relief she was never able to get.

She looked down at her naked thighs, skin scorched, leathery and black, taut with a certain roughness felt upon grazing fingers on it.

Burn me.

Burn me.

The skin screamed at her or rather provoked her and she abided to the goading, drawing it closer to her inner left thigh when it happened.

"What the hell are you doing?"

Her head snapped up in the direction of the growl only to notice Yoongi, flinging his one leg over the open window and landed inside and before she could utter something -- something that could make sense, he strode up to her.

"What the fuck? Have you lost your mind!?" He bellowed, snatching the lighter from her hand immediately.

Instincts kicked in and she yelled back, heart beating violently inside her. "Stop! Give it back to me!"

"Fucking shit, you think I'll listen to you?"

"Shut the hell up and give it back to me!"

She attempted to seize but he rose it high above his head while with the other hand grasped her flailing arms that were clawing at him.

"What is happening?"

Her head whipped around like a flash of light through the air at the same time as Yoongi's; wide eyes coming across three shocked pairs of which one transformed into icy glares, shooting daggers directed towards her and her stomach dropped heavily like a stone falling from a cliff. Dread drained the colours of her face, so horrified that she did not realize Yoongi had loosened her hands, unrestricted and had tucked the lighter away in the pocket of his jeans -- foremost thing.

"You two...did you two...?" Sera, strutting behind Mr Park at the doorway, gasped.

Yin did not look at her as her gaze flitted from her father's glare to Jimin, an inscrutable look on his face.

"Oh God....oh God. I can't believe this!" Sera continued.

And then something hit her, a realization of the situation that she was practically half-naked, saving for the knickers she donned.

Half naked.

A boy in her room.

Two of them together. Alone.

The entire situation, what it looked like, seemed to seep into her gradually as it did to Yoongi too.

"Mr Park, it's not what you think."

"Shut up!" Barked her father, silencing Yoongi.

Yin's heart was hammering inside her, fiercely, extremely as she watched her father burning in downright rage, his lips shuddering with fury and he jutted his finger at her.

"You!...you, treacherous girl! I knew you were whoring around! Disgusting piece of shit!"

Unbound tears cascaded down her cheeks, hot and fast. This was not right. This was not at all right. She was being accused of something she didn't do.

He advanced towards her and yanked her to her feet. "You filthy wretch! Couldn't stop yourself from spreading your legs?" His hand rose and she cowered ready to feel the stinging impact of his slap but it never came.

"Don't you dare touch her." Yoongi threatened and she looked up to see him standing before her.

"A stupid fucker got the audacity to reprimand me? What did you do with her? Tell me you asshole!"

"Dad stop!" Jimin spoke for the first time, surprisingly. He stalked in the room, pulling his father's hand as he pleaded. "Dad, hyung can never do this. I'm sure there's a mistake. Please, dad, leave them. Dad -- "

"Shut up Jimin!" Mr Park shrugged his hand. "You're not in your right mind. This...this boy has manipulated you and your sister! Don't be so blinded by him!"

His father rounded at her. "I can't believe you could turn out to be a slut! I knew you could never be like your mother! You were a fault and you proved it today! She would be so ashamed of you! Out! Get out of my house!"

Yin choked on a convulsive sob, shattering into pieces from within as the words sliced her.

"Not a word," Yoongi said, gritted out at Mr Park as he clasped his fingers around Yin's wrist. "Not a single word."

He turned to Yin. "I will not let you stay here for even a minute longer. You will come with me."

"Yes! Get out of my house!"

"Gladly."

She watched him yank her jacket plopped on the bed and tied it around her waist and threw his hand across her shoulder, directing her out of the room, shouldering past a stock-stilled Sera who yet had her hand clamped down on her mouth -- as Mr Park continued to yell vulgar imprecations, barfing his fist in the air as Jimin struggled to keep him poised to his feet, afraid that if he would let go of his hand, then he, Mr Park, would stalk down the two up till the foyer and out.

---

A/n: vote cuz we're done with 1/3rd of the book!🎊

He's a snow prince and no one can prove me wrong.