CHAPTER 09

Jealousy is the sibling of love. Although, both incongruous, one cannot exist without the other.

. . .

[Yoongi's POV]

As Yoongi closed the door behind, Taehyung marched inside in an elegant trench coat over his turtle neck t-shirt, looking around, conceivably rummaging for something.

Stopping right in front of the kitchen door, his brows weaving together in perplexity. "Oh, Hobi hyung? What are you doing here?" He asked.

Hoseok straightened almost hastily, an alarmed look ascending on his face as he rapidly glanced at Yoongi helplessly while the latter gazed warily, anticipating what would he present as an excuse to the oblivious guy, standing before him.

"I... I came here for the breakfast!" He lied, eyes sparkling as he plopped down on a chair and brought the cup of coffee to his lips and sipped it, adequately. "My parents aren't home and I don't like eating alone so I thought to - wait, what are you doing here?"

Now, Yoongi's eyes rounded on Taehyung who was fixedly staring at Hoseok as though the excuse didn't appease him but then he pulled out his phone from his pocket, frowning as he held it out. "My phone died today morning and I couldn't find my charger. Then I remembered that I had left my power bank here on the last party night."

"You brought a power bank to the party?" Hoseok watched him incredulously, gulping down the bacon in his mouth momentarily.

"So what?" The latter shrugged. "I carry it with me everywhere." He replied impassively and scampered inside the room that was his, down across the hallway.

Meanwhile, Yoongi walked up to Hoseok, reclining himself on a seat beside him, gradually helping himself with the food before him as few noises of Taehyung's heavy footsteps plodded on the floor and he came back in vision with his white power bank in one hand.

Yoongi stared at the younger, musing, feeling queer about finding him all dressed up at nine in the morning. "What's up with you? As far as I know, you were never an early bird."

"Oh, it's a special day today." A faint blush crept upon his cheeks as he scratched his neck, sheepishly, pushing the power bank in the breast pocket of his coat.

The two seated crossed their arms, quirked their brows and shared another set of suspicious glances.

"What's special?" Hoseok asked.

"I'm taking Sieun on a date today." He muttered but the smile on his face stretched up to his eyes, portraying his joyful and excited soul within.

Yoongi, on the other hand, scowled, a pang of jealousy and hatred pricked his heart, his skin burning in flames but he persisted silent though violent thoughts, imprecations and undeniable despise raced through his mind.

Right when he thought to shove away the worries of what Hoseok had dropped at him, regarding not being able to sleep with him in the upcoming weeks, the barbarous reality of the new relationship that Taehyung now shared with Sieun did nobbut nudged his brain begrudgingly, forcibly to drown in unshakable loathing at the sheer idea of the two being together.

No. It could never happen.

"You guys are dating!" Hoseok screeched in downright amazement, propelling his arms around Taehyung, he patted the younger's back. "Congratulations, man!"

"Stay away from her. I don't want you two together." Yoongi let out a low growl, deep and menacing as his eyes stared at the younger, cold and hard.