CHAPTER 44

There's no thin line between love and hate, there's the entire Great Wall of China.

. . .

[Yoongi's POV]

Mr Park said amusingly, stuffing his phone back inside the breast pocket of his grey suit, "your mum still has some motherly love left inside her."

Yoongi shrugged, it was not as if he could do any action in such a state when he was tied to one of the big pillars, he had merely lost all the energy from the hour-long kicking and wiggling and when it concerned his mother and her affection, he simply didn't put his trust in that. After finding his mother sneaking off with a man who was not his father, he always doubted her affection, whether it was directed at his father or him, he believed it was all fake.

"She would never come."

"Oh, she will," Mr Park laughed, shaking his head, "she said, I quote, 'don't you dare touch my child, Donghae or I will kill you.'"

Yoongi would've laughed too if he hadn't been in such a position.

When his laughter subsided, Mr Park pulled out a cigar from his pocket and lit it, placing it between his lips as he took a slow drag of smoke inside his lung and made a low sound of satisfaction. "I missed this feeling."

Yoongi was reminded of the cigar marks on Yin's hand and instantly could feel the anger pumping through his veins like hot lava.

"Let me guess," Yoongi thought aloud, "now that the contract is destroyed, you have devised another plan, plan B to gain my inheritance through kidnapping me, nice try but this is an old trend."

"My hard-earned money, boy," he gritted out, a contemptuous look in his eyes. "It was mine. Your deceiving mother took it from me."

"How do I believe you?"

"Ever thought why your mother, the night my child, my daughter Feihan died, threw me and my broken family out on the streets when I was a successful businessman?"

"She didn't want to taint her image."

"And it wasn't tainted, of course, as expected. If I had even the slightest amount of money, my voice would have been heard after that night." He stopped walking, suddenly, the gleam was washed off his face. "Tragedy befell on me. On the same night, I was tricked by your mother and lost all I ever had, all I ever earned."

Yoongi knew he wasn't lying, his mother had indeed betrayed him and he had even confirmed this but what he didn't know was that it happened on the same tragic night and to think he only hated her, now he loathed her for her inhumanity.

"Donghae! You foul piece of shit, where the hell are you?" In came, storming, hot on her heels, Ms Seoyoon Min, a file safely tucked under her arm.

She looked terrifying, almost like a mad, unrestrained dog because when Mr Park appeared in her sight, her purposeful strides didn't falter once and she advanced at him at once as if intending to shred him to pieces.

"How long has it been?" Mr Park inclined his head up slightly, raising his brows in an attempt to display his humour. "Oh, certainly many years!"

"Haven't changed, have you? Still living like the rotten piece you were," she scoffed. "How dare you abduct my son!"

Then she swerved and rushed towards Yoongi. "Oh, my boy! My son! Are you alright?"

Yoongi was genuinely bored. "Give this man what he wants and let me breathe for fucks sake. Yin and I have to suffer because you won't give up those darn properties!"

"Boy"---Mr Park grinned widely, walking up to the only round table in the hall and pinched the head of his cigar to extinguish the light---"aren't you the smartest? Very well, then let's not waste time. Seoyoon, you give me my properties and firms and I will let your son out, unscathed. Deal?"

"Shut up!" Ms Seoyoon Min looked distraught as she boiled in visible rage. Her nose flared with hot steam and her knuckles turned white as she fisted them by her side.

"Now that's not nice to say to your old paramour, is it?"

Yoongi was stoned. What the fuck?

"Tada! Surprise, young man! Your mother and I had an affair a long time back. That's how she tricked me into signing all my hard-earned money to her. I was too drunk to realise what I was doing and her lust overpowered my senses."

"Stop! Shut up, Donghae!" She looked at her son, wide-eyed. "Yoongi it's not true! This man is saying utter bullshit!"

But he knew it was the truth. He had seen his mother entering a room with a man, how they were laughing, how she touched his shoulder. He had seen it all. Now he couldn't stop thinking about what they might have done behind closed doors. When he was being chased down by lady Kim, what if his mother was pouring alcohol for Park Donghae so that he would get drunk, doing all sorts of things until he gave in? He felt nauseous, revolting. Suddenly everything, all background noise diminished to nothing and he thought of his father. He was faithful to his family, maybe not the best father but he had certainly attempted to give all his love to his family, unlike his cheater mother.

"Next day, after Feihan's death," said Mr Park, "your father, Min Jihyun, came into my little abode with a wad of cash, saying how sorry he was for my loss and would like to compensate for it with money. Pompous jerk, showing off his power; I was still in deep grief so I pushed him out of my house and told him inadvertently about my affair with his wife."

"Six months later my parents divorced and three months later further, my father died," Yoongi added, emotionless.

Mr Park nodded.

"He didn't deserve any of this." The boy muttered to himself, thick tears falling down his cheeks. "Why did you do that to him, mom, why?" He shrieked, enraged but Ms Seoyoon Min, for the first time in her life, was mournfully quiet, she didn't have an answer.

"You are a wench, Seoyoon," Mr Park said vehemently, hatred written all over his face. "Give me back what's mine!"

Suddenly noises reverberated in the hall and footfalls were heard as some people entered, guffawing and celebrating. They were the Horsemen.

"What's the news?"

"Work's done," said Novak Connor proudly as he strode up to Mr Park. "Your daughter is such a wuss."

All of them laughed. Yoongi wanted to punch their faces. Since when did Park Donghae and the Horsemen join hands?

"Where is she?" asked the father.

"Tied to a chair," one of them replied.

Aydin clarified, "we didn't kill her if that's what you want to know."

But unexpectedly, out of the blue, a painfully slow drag of footsteps was heard and then they seized all together as if the person halted abruptly in their tracks. When Yoongi looked up, he couldn't believe his eyes: before him, at the entrance of the hall, strutted Yin, all battered and bleeding agonizingly and her eyes as frozen as a doll's remained fixed at the chandelier.

He instantly had a horrible sinking feeling in the pit of his stomach that Yin's surprising divulgence of her traumatic memory would have undoubtedly destructive effects.