CHAPTER 04

Agonizing pain, for she believed can be killed only by another pain, then she shall be benumbed to all her senses.

. . .

[Yin's POV]

There was no denial in the inestimable loathing Yin received from her family for some reasons and every time she would tell herself to not feel sad, to not cry yet in the end, she would break. She had been broken an infinite number of times that she couldn't imagine the termination of it. Sorrow, guilt, hatred, every negative emotion of the world would bind her again in the shackles to make her feel.

And the truth was, she didn't want to feel. Neither did she demanded pleasure nor did she yearned for sorrow. She desired to be numb again, to gain that stability of not feeling anything again and the only way to do that was...

Yes. Yes, do it.

From the door where she had leaned her back on, she fluttered her eyes open, her hands feeling something that was in the pocket of her jeans.

Go on.

Burn me.

Burn me.

Burn me.

Her hand glided inside, instantly fetching out a bright yellow lighter.

For a moment she stared at it, feeling relief in her heart when she saw it and then reclined from the door and took off her jeans, leaving only the panties on and stared briefly at her thighs with prominent burn marks. Her hands moved to feel the leathery skin.

Burn me. Please.

Her inner soul cried out, the voice ringing in her head constantly like the Sunday church bell. She brought the lighter up to her eye level and lit it. Spontaneously, the luminosity irradiated from the tiny thing dismissed the darkness in the room however to a very less extent yet happened to just make it possible for her to see the silhouettes of objects surrounding her.

"Pain kills pain. I'm helping you, Yin."

She recalled her father's words. He had once taught her that the only cure for pain was pain. With the unimaginable pain in her heart that pumped it throughout her body, all Yin cared about was to kill this pain with another physical pain.

With resoluteness residing in her mind, she propped her one leg up, the light and the radiating heat becoming more obtrusive as she torpidly brought the lighter closer to her thigh. She closed her eyes and drew the object to her skin, waiting for the pain to be felt.

That's right. Burn me.

For a second, a slight sting roused from the spot she was burning and then transformed into a blissful feeling. It felt good. It really felt good.

***

[Yoongi's POV]

With the fall of night, Yoongi saw the sky turning a darker shade of pale, pearly grey; the cold night's chilly wind rustling by as he stood in his balcony, watching the tiny snowflakes falling lazily on Earth. Under the streetlight, the lanes of Ncisnorth beneath were glistening with frost.

He rubbed his nose that had gone slightly pinkish due to the cold, letting out a foggy breath. His eyes shifted on the window across him, open however the light in the room was put out, plunging it into pitch darkness. There was an enigmatic feeling sprouted inside him when he gazed at the window.

Is it Jimin's room or Yin's?

He had never been so bothered by it before then why now when his new neighbour had shifted in?

Yoongi had no idea who the neighbours were until Jungkook had introduced Jimin to the rest of the boys. To Yoongi, Jimin occurred as a nice, easy-going guy but when he saw his sister, he couldn't help but feel strange.

Yoongi had always been told that he could read others' thought and discern their personality; sort of telepathy. He reminisced when Jin had once handed him a white globe and a scarlet robe that was giving out an ambiguous foul stench and suggested he should drop out of Rise Academy and become a scryer for the rest of his life, considering that his telepathy could be of some help for the anxious souls. In reply to this awful suggestion, Yoongi had forcefully thrown the globe at Jin, hitting him squarely on his head, inciting him to roam around for three days with a noticeable bump on his unfortunate head.

However, when he saw Yin, in all honesty, he couldn't understand her.

"Yoongi?" Hoseok called out, sauntering mindlessly out of the bathroom, towelling his hair dry.

"Yeah?" Yoongi didn't look behind, his eyes remained fixed on the dark window across him.

"What are you doing at the balcony when it's freezing out there?"

He did not answer.

"Come on get changed."

Yoongi looked at the dark window for a moment and he swore he saw an insignificant, faint spark of light illuminating as though someone had lit a candle perhaps. Nevertheless, shrugging, he dawdled away albeit his eyes wished to gaze more at the window, an eerie feeling drowning his heart into uneasiness.

Minutes later, Yoongi had changed into his loose t-shirt and pyjamas and was clambering onto his bed where Hoseok laid peacefully in the dark.

"What were you thinking?" He was nearly getting under the duvet when Hoseok questioned.

"What?"

"I have noticed that whenever you want to think about something, you stand at the balcony." Yoongi rolled his eyes though Hoseok couldn't see in the dark.

"So what were you thinking?"

"Nothing." Yoongi turned his back to the younger.

"Come on, tell me!" His tone was now querulous and even in the dark, Yoongi could imagine his lip drawn down.

"Jimin's sister." He answered truthfully.

"What about her?"

Yoongi's eyes were sagging close, as he let out a yawn from his parted lips. "You know what Hoseok, we can talk about this later too. I'm sleepy."

And under the starlight seeping through the transparent glass door of the balcony, Yoongi soon drifted off to sleep despite Hoseok's unstoppable raving that punctured the quietness of the night.

---

A/n: so you now know her secret...

So far what do you think about Yin and Yoongi? There's also hints about Yoongi too. Something about him.. ;)