CHAPTER 18

From annoyance, followed by excessive indignation, he went into an almost blind rage -- and the man who does that, anywhere in life, must always pay for it.

. . .

[Yoongi's POV]

Yoongi's heart was lodged in his throat, unutterably frightened for his best friend as he galloped in the hallway, pushing past people -- now and then after he had not bothered to deliver a word of excuse to Mr Anderson for leaving his class in the middle and he certainly wasn't worried about the consequences that would come in the form of Zhang Yumi as what was important at that moment for him was his best friend, Noh Hyangmi.

Thus, with head clear and heart constricted, he followed the boy -- who had introduced himself as Nathan Hawthorne, a junior studying in the same class as Hyangmi -- dashing past several doors of the hallway, veering around a few corners and then his feet skidded to a halt before an empty, dingy classroom, with a girl slouched across the room, and another one crouching beside her, assisting her -- who, from the looks of her clothes helped Yoongi savvy that it was no one other than Yin.

"Noh..." The words barely left his lips, hanging in the cold still air like a deafening silence.

In a trice, he ran towards Hyangmi, pulling her from Yin to cradle her unconscious form in his arms and watched her in horror. There was a deep gash on her forehead from which carmine liquid gushed out terrifyingly, sickeningly churching the insides of Yoongi. He fucking hated it.

"And about my friends, I believe you'd like to know what work they've been busy with."

Horsemen.

He knew behind all of this were the Horsemen.

"Noh, get up! Get up, Noh!" He shook her, eyebrows of his creasing in undeniable worry.

"She needs to be taken to the infirmary." Yoongi heard the urgent voice of Yin say from beside him, pulling him back to his senses.

Curtly nodding, he scooped Hyangmi up in his arms, hurriedly thanking Nathan for informing and ran for the infirmary with Yin following his suit.

Once in the four walls of infirmary had Yoongi remembered that sure there was an infirmary in Rise Academy but unfortunately there were no doctors or nurses at all as everyone dreaded to apply for the job at Rise Academy solely because the Horsemen, horribly powerful, cruelly unforgiving, after abusing their victims, dared the healers to treat them and with time it became an unspoken truth that if anybody tried going against the Horsemen, they'd be the audience of the downfall of their own life.

Even when knowing that the academy did not provide any medical professionals yet made medical facilities available if an awful situation would arise -- like right now -- it would be precarious to still be in the stupid Rise Academy but the pupils had their sordid reasons:

The vast majority of the students fantasized about the Horsemen or worshipped them for their popular position, another set of throng worshipped them because they were terrifyingly afraid of them, and lastly, the set of unfortunate people were the ones who desperately desired to remain invisible to the Horsemen just so they could finish the rest of their high school years in peace but that was indeed a very hard goal to achieve considering that the Horsemen ruled over the entire town of Ncisnorth and if one didn't hope to mingle with the elites, leaving the town could be the only last and best resort.

Fucking Horsemen.

"I will kill them if anything happens to Noh," Yoongi grumbled, muttering imprecations under his breath as he laid her on the bed cautiously.