CHAPTER 36

And they will make a precious mess of the whole thing.

. . .

[Yoongi's POV]

When Yoongi pushed open the door and ambled into the dim-lit room like a tired, helpless man he was, he had not expected to see that---and that very sight caused the anger to rise to his head, the running blood boiling in his veins, hot.

"What the hell?" he shut the door with a forceful and audible bang.

"Yoongi..."

Paled in the face, Yin sprung right up from the couch, her oversized t-shirt which had been rolled up initially exposing her bare stomach was now covered since the fabric rolled back down to its original position, reaching in alignment with her shorts---mid-thighs. Yoongi's eyes narrowed on the hastily flicked off lighter in her right hand as she quickly hid it behind her back and that was all piece of information he required to comprehend that Yin had been burning herself again.

"You stole it from me? I can't believe this. And all this while, you were fooling me into believing that you had stopped doing it," hands positioned on his waist, Yoongi cackled a bitter, sardonic laugh with no mirth in it.

She said quietly, "I'm sorry."

He ground his teeth, knuckles went white, and a vein protruded at his temple, "do you know what you are doing to yourself? It's hurting you!"

And then he exhaled, drained and exhausted as he walked across the room and sank into the blue sofa, rubbing his face as the silence etched like a long elastic, pulled more and more than its capacity for he was tired of it all.

"Please stop it," he said, at last, peeking through his long fingers.

"I can't stop it. I can't help it," she mumbled, her brows creased with tiring worry as she glided on the seat beside him. "I wanted it for one time, for one little time."

He could heed the desperation in her voice and instinctively knew that there must have been a reason behind it.

"What had happened, Yin?"

"Dad had come to visit."

"What did he want?"

"He told me that we are getting married in five days and I'm supposed to go with Sera to get a wedding gown."

Silence again. Yoongi didn't dare speak.

"I don't want to marry. This is not the moment. I am not good for you, Yoongi. I am broken. I am in pieces. I am a mess."

He looked at her, a figure so small with shiny dark eyes like two tiny black marbles etched on a pale white statue. He could not read her, he wished to know what was going inside her head and then with an ominous realisation, he knew, right at that moment, he knew nothing was under her control; she was truly a mess.

He sighed, watching her fidget with her fingers, her toes curled. "Look I know how hard it is for you. I see you."

He breathed out again, blinking as he pursed his lips as though he was contemplating whether what he was about to do next was the right thing or not. He then pulled out a golden packet of cigarettes from his side pocket and placed it on the transparent coffee table.