CHAPTER 43

And we all be judgemental when we know we must not.

. . .

[Yoongi's POV]

He plunged from his automobile and banged it shut with anger. Of all people, how could Yin be that little girl from his childhood? Why? He had seen her in distress all this year long and witnessed her grief, witnessed her cry, unknowing of the fact that his family was the reason behind a substantial portion of her sufferings and now he was furious at how frighteningly terrible fate could turn but the lack of time did not permit him to brood on this topic when he remembered that he needed to save Yin.

Headlong, he dashed up to the front gate of Crimson Bay, ignoring his hiding spot as he rounded past the dried fountain of the mother carrying the child and pushed open the old, creaking, mahogany door and there he was, immediately greeted by the darkness. His footsteps became light thuds as he entered the huge house, nostalgia cramming his nose when he cognised the familiar corridors, familiar stairs, and familiar pillars, all in appalling ailment except for---when he perched up---that chandelier hung in the middle of the hall. It was the new one, Yoongi's mother had ordered a new one to fill the space after that incident.

He was so occupied looking up at the chandelier that for about a minute he didn't discern someone's presence behind him and by the time he heeded a swish and a low swing, he was knocked out flat.

***

[Yin's POV]

"Hey, can you hear me?"

"Wake her up---quick!"

"Yin! Yin, get up!"

She stirred awake and then jolted at the adjusted sight.

"Sieun?" she said, horrified to see Sieun's condition. Her face was badly bruised with blood oozing out, her hair was dishevelled and her clothes were torn and dirty like old rags. "What happened to your face?"

Then she noticed sideways, that a man in similar condition was crouching down as he released the twist of ropes tied around her feet.

"He's Luke," Sieun said, "and this is Micah beside me."

"We've met before," Micah replied, a lopsided grin spreading across his face as he unfastened her hands.

"What is happening?" Confusion brimmed her head as they helped her free from the tangles of rope and pulled her upright.

"I know this is bewildering but just listen to me. I just want you to listen," Sieun's words sounded in her ears like a foreigner in an unknown country. "I need you to find Yoongi. Find him somewhere, somehow because he's in trouble, deep deep trouble---"

"What are you saying, Sieun? I don't understand," Yin stepped back, encircling her arms around herself.

"Look," she held her at arm's length, wide-eyed, "Yoongi is in danger. Find him."

"How do you know?"

"The Horsemen were saying. They already went," answered Micah, the last part came out as reassurance since her figure might have appeared to be scared. "I freed them and then they told me someone was here. So we came down here to find you."

"We heard someone scream. That's how we knew," from behind, Luke explained.

"Come on, let's get out of here first," Yin nodded as they rushed through the corridors and took the flight of stairs.

"The lift is not working," Micah had said.

"Sieun," Yin began, breathing shallow as they worked their way down the unending series of stairs, "you were not there at your house when...when Taehyung and Yoongi had come to visit---"

"Yes, Luke...and I had plans---"

"We were going to run away," Luke added in.

"---but then horsemen capture us...brought us here. We've been here in Kincaid for two days."

Two freaking days?

"Why did the Horsemen hold you captive?" She could not help but ask as they descended the last set of those bleak stairs and finally emerged out of the scary building.

But none of them made an answer to her presented question and Yin unimportantly did not push them further for her attention got diverted to the broad daylight and sunshine that temporarily blinded her. Never once had she missed the sunlight so much than those frightening hours she spent inside the haunted building of Kincaid where no trace of light ever made through. She was finally relieved to see the glare of the day and feel the breeze touch her skin like a soft feather.

"We have to go," Sieun said.

"To where? What if the Horsemen grab a hold of you guys again?" Yin couldn't believe that she cared for them but how could she not? After all, they saved her.

"All you have to know, Yin, is that we are running away from Ncisnorth."

"Do you guys need any help? This sounds risky."

"I'm helping them," Micah said at once with a bloating chest.

"You don't have to worry, Yin," said Sieun, letting go of Luke's hand to hug her tightly. "I'm so sorry. Please tell Yoongi and Taehyung that I'm sorry for what I did. I had no choice."

Yin felt a tug at her heart when they pulled away. Sieun was not a bad person, all this time, she was just going through big trouble and nobody saw it.

Then she said, "go find Yoongi! You must find him!" And then hand in hand with Luke, she began running behind Micah.

"Yin!"

Right then a car pulled up by her side and Hyangmi jumped out, worry evident on her face as she crushed her into a hug.

She was getting all the hugs of her life today.

"Oh, you're alive! You're alive! What happened to you?"

"Are you alright?" From inside the car, asked Jimin. That's when she noticed, all of them were in, Jungkook, Jin, Jimin, Taehyung driving, Namjoon beside him and Hoseok but Yoongi wasn't there.

Her heart stopped.

"Listen, guys, have you seen Yoongi?"

"We don't know where he is. He went to look for you when you didn't pick up the phone and the landline also went unanswered," Jin said.

"Oh no." Yin felt like crying.

"What's the matter?" someone asked.

"Get inside," she dragged Hyangmi inside the car with her, "we need to find Yoongi."

"Whoa, whoa, hold on," Taehyung looked behind as Yin struggled to settle Hyangmi on her lap as there was no room in the car for eight people. "Why do we have to look for Yoongi? He's a grown man, he knows every street of Ncisnorth. He'll be back home in no time."

"That's not what I mean," Yin hated that they were wasting time on such useless conversations. "Yoongi is in danger!"

"Okay, I'm not sure if---"

"Don't you see it? They used me to trick Yoongi in! It wasn't me who they wanted to abduct, it was him all along!"

"Who got him captured?" Jimin asked to which she answered an indignant, "our dad, you idiot!"

"Where is he held captive?" Jungkook asked and she fought the urge to slam his little head against the window. How could he even ask that?

"How would I know that?" Yin shouted, now practically fuming in rage. "Can we just start the car first and think on the way?"

Taehyung, still in shock nodded hastily as he started the rumbling engine.

"I think I just know where he could be." It was Hoseok who finally said.