CHAPTER 15

His heart had turned stone
for the ones who left him suffer alone

. . .

[Yoongi's POV]

Two hours of tiring journey from Ncisnorth to Faburn City had strained Yoongi's muscles, ensuing him to stretch his arms wide when his Mercedes Benz g-class finally halted on the fairly smooth but dusty road as he dismounted the vehicle and stared at the colossal house before him.

Crimson Bay.

Five years ago this had been his abode, sheltered under the sky of opulent comfort and facilities that were unattainable in the small town of Ncisnorth -- Faburn City provided him everything except the peace of mind. Yet was it his decision to leave the city five years ago? No.

From the keys that he had, he unlocked the rusty chains that closed the mahogany steel front door. Pushing it, he swung it open with an irritating squealing noise, allowing a cemented pathway, conquered at both sides by ivy and ferns to spread long before him in its leftover grandeur. He trudged in, feet colliding with the pavement beneath his boots, feeling crunchy, as the small pathway tore over the several years of abandonment, now with prominent ugly creaks and crevices.

A few feet away was an architectural fountain, intricately carved from real stones with detailed precisional designs with the beautiful sculpture being of a woman, enveloped in a sheer cloth that tucked under her left arm -- in which she held a blanketed baby, draped over her bosom and then met over her right shoulder where it knotted. The right foot of the sculptural woman was advanced and the left arm was up in the air, gripping a cup as she perched up at the cloudless sky.

The cup was from where the fountain water used to originate, squirt out, diverging into infinite water rays before falling into the large circular bowl below, holding a sense so lively but now it was drier than a desert. He faltered pondering over the hazy memory of his childhood when the water fountain was his hiding spot.

. . .

PAST

Twelve years ago, Crimson Bay

"Where is my snow prince?" Sang a man in a melodious tone. "Come on son, we're going to be late."

Yoongi made no sound instead folded himself in a tighter ball inside the circular bowl of the fountain.

All of a sudden, the voice of the man calling him ceased and all that remained was the sweet pattering noise of the water springing down into the half-filled bowl in which Yoongi had submerged himself, the pristine water reaching up to his torso.

"Oh goodness!" Cried the man, picking Yoongi up from the pool of quivering water.

When the little boy looked up at the man who was his father, he saw worry diddling across his face.

"What were you doing in there?"

"I was hiding."

"From whom?" He asked. "Gosh, look at your clothes, they're completely drenched."

Scrunching up his nose, his father gawked at the sight of his son's soaked to skin clothes and dampened raven hair but the curious little boy couldn't care less of his state and asked his father regarding the discovery he did a few moments ago.

"Daddy, why does the water come from that cup?" Questioned the boy, pointing his tiny finger in the direction of the cup held above from which the fountain water was originating.