CHAPTER 39

When the greatest warriors have submitted to fear, then what a mere human would be to it?

. . .

[Yoongi's POV]

The morning after marred the onset of spring, a glorious day with blinding sun and the blossomed blooms now dancing and swaying with a free spirit. Yoongi had just opened his eyes to breathe the freshness of the morning, the gust of wind drifted in and he discovered the sleeping figure beside him; Yin, shuteye was deep in her slumber. He gazed at the usual crinkles of her forehead now smoothened like a silk sheet as she rested peacefully after ruining his sleep for he had been endlessly speculating whether what she had confessed earlier yesterday had been the ultimate truth or not. He had not yet answered her question because he found himself unable to, because he yet could not cognize if he loved her or not.

A soft tingle from his phone savvied him of notification and he picked it up from the nightstand.

Jimin: hey
meet at Taehyung's house in an hour.
Got something important to discuss.
08:17 seen

He flung himself out of the bed with a grunt, bones and knuckles cracking and crushing as he poised his stance and commenced to take steps towards the bathroom to attend to his everyday routine. When he got back, out neat and clean, donned in a fresh pair of clothing, he found Yin still somnolent. Yoongi neared her and kissed the back of her bare hand on which the prominent cigar marks scorched her delicate skin.

"I will love you, one day," he whispered and left, quietly closing the door to the bedroom.

***

As he parked his rumbling Mercedes Benz and clambered out, reaching up to the door to Taehyung's house and rapped his knuckles on the wood only once when within fractions of a second, it slung open with a mind-boggled Seokjin, an incredulous look on his face.

"You're so not gonna believe what this kid did," he rambled, even before greeting Yoongi.

Yoongi pushed him aside, waltzing into the house, "who are you talking about?"

"The little one, of course! That mama, dada boy!" He pointed at Jimin who sat next to Jungkook as they chatted.

In the living room existed six people: Jungkook, Jimin and Taehyung on the couch; Hoseok standing, having his cup of something, Namjoon on a chair, his eyes fixed on the only girl in the room, Hyangmi who strutted behind the couch, talking to Taehyung.

"How have you been?" up came Hoseok when he caught his arrival, a cup of what appeared to be a tea in his hand as he asked casually.

Yoongi replied curtly, "good."

"Have you guys dated in the past?" Jin guffawed, slapping their backs but when Yoongi glared at him, he said, "no? Well then stop acting as you did! Awkward air, so suffocating!" he whipped around quickly to evade further conversation and found a source to change the subject: Namjoon. Oh, poor Namjoon.

"Hey, you buff guy! don't touch that cookie, that's my favourite!"

Seokjin sprinted, what seemed like perhaps to take Namjoon's life as he wrestled the one cookie out of his hand and shouted at Taehyung for serving his beloved biscuits to the monsters like them, he pointed specifically, accusingly with his index finger at the rest and Jungkook, partly offended, quirked a brow as to why had he been called wicked when he hadn't even touched the cookie he didn't like to begin with.

"Is this what he meant by important?" said Yoongi, aloud.

"He has some news,"---Hoseok took a sip---"Seokjin has been dying to tell everyone but Jimin wants to do the honours."

After a good breakfast with unceasing chatter, Jimin clapped his hands and said, "so, I wanted to say---"

"Hold on! Hold on! I just need to finish this one bite!" Hyangmi interjected, stuffing the last bit, a rather large piece of pancake inside of her mouth and mumbled something incomprehensible.

How big is that cavern of her mouth? Yoongi wondered.

"So here's the thing," Jimin continued, "mum gave me this yesterday night and told me to give it to you, Yoongi hyung."

"Your mom?" Yoongi's eyebrows flew up, sky-high.

"Yes."

"Well, this is interesting,"---he leaned in---" what is it?"

"It is,"---Jimin pulled an envelope out of nowhere and pushed it towards Yoongi, on the coffee table---"this."

When he opened the envelope, from within, came out a paper, familiar to him.

"The contract?" he said loudly, eyes wide, laughing, "she got her hands on the original contract? Woah, this is a big feat!"

Jimin nodded, smiling, "she sneaked it out of his locker."

"Guess the wedding's not happening then," Jungkook said.

"No shit, Sherlock," declared Jin and everybody erupted into fits of laughter except Jungkook who rolled his eyes and ignored the fact that he had been ridiculed.

Past the subsidence of the chortling, Taehyung expressed that he couldn't comprehend why Jimin's mother had this sudden change of heart to which, Jimin, scratching the back of his head answered truthfully that he didn't know the reason behind it and the matter ended then.

"Too bad, I had convinced my mom to stay at Ncisnorth at least till Yoongi's wedding," Hyangmi said, smiling.

"Now more the reason for you to leave soon," Namjoon grumbled, looking in the opposite direction. He was still mad at her for leaving.

Yoongi nudged him, "get over it, lover boy." and his cheeks grew the shade of scarlet as a tiny, dimpled smile peeked through.

"Okay guys," Taehyung got up, proclaiming, "I throw a party now for this successful termination of the wedding, of my renewed friendship with hyung and Hyangmi's unhappy departure!" then he picked up a glass of water and with a thrill in his voice, he said, "cheers to this journey of life!"

Everybody cheered.

Yin.

Suddenly registering her absence, Yoongi excused himself from the soft chuckles and tinkling of glasses and pulled out his phone, dialling her number. He waited, and waited, and lingered and loitered long but nobody picked up.

"What is it?" somebody asked but he was too immersed to turn and notice who it was.

"Yin's not picking up."

"Call your landline," another person suggested.

He then called the landline phone of his house but that too went unanswered. Everybody suddenly went deadly quiet, so quiet and serene that Yoongi could hear his heart thrumming inside his chest, alarmed, he became anxious and when he veered around to gaze at his friends, they were all mirroring his expression.

"Something's wrong," was all he could say.

---

A/n: vote cuz I cancelled the wedding plan!

Uh huh 😌 get ready, we're going on a climax ride!