CHAPTER 16

Friends are the flowers one believes needs to beautify their unembellished garden of life with, however entirely unaware one may be that even the mundane flowers of the garden withhold a coveted beauty.

. . .

[Yoongi's POV]

Scorching in downright fury, Yoongi slammed the door of his g-class and commenced to fasten his seatbelt when his phone rang again. Grumbling under his breath, he picked it up.

"Hello, my nasty little grumpy frumpy grandpa!" Jin greeted him enthusiastically, amiably.

"Piss off." Yoongi rumbled, finally buckling his seatbelt tight.

"Aw someone is angy angy." Jin poked fun at him in a cute voice of a lad and then burst into fits of laughter.

"The fuck you called me for?" Baring his teeth Yoongi asked, waiting for Jin to terminate his chortling and address him like a human.

"I'm sorry man. It's fun to bother you." His chuckle the very next second turned into obnoxious yelling from the other side of the phone. "Can someone shove some goddamn skewers into Jimin's mouth?! That kid talks way too much!"

"My patience is breaking at this point," Yoongi mumbled to himself, rubbing his throbbing forehead.

"Sorry, the boys are -- "

"I have no time for crap."

"Hang on, where are you?"

"Faburn City."

"Faburn City?!" Cried Jin incredulously. "Oh wait, three months are over already?"

"Yeah." Yoongi proceeded to ignite the engine.

"Hmm. By the way, I called you to see whether you'll be able to make it to Taehyung's place as we're spending the evening at his house."

Yoongi stopped.

"You coming?"

"Yeah, I think I have to." That was all Yoongi's reply before he ended the call.

***

Standing on the doorstep of Taehyung's house, Yoongi rang the bell as he halted patiently for someone to open the door which seconds later, did occur when he heard the clicking of locks and finally, the wooden door was flung open.

When he perched at the sight before him, there stood Hoseok with a fallen goofy grin which Yoongi had wittily known that he would receive such a countenance from him as he knew Hoseok was just worried about how Taehyung would welcome him at his house after the fight he had with the lover boy a couple of days ago.

"Unexpected? I know." Yoongi said casually.

"I...uh yes." Hoseok scratched the back of his neck as he stepped aside, allowing him to walk inside with a delicate smile gracing his lips.

As soon as he trudged into the living room, the sight of Sieun seated on Taehyung's lap greeted him with an odd churning in his stomach; not with jealousy but with pure undeniable hatred. Slumped beside the two was Jin, laughing at something that Jimin, reclining on an armchair across him, said.

Wiping the trails of tears, Jin looked up, his odd hysterics dying and only low soft chuckles were heard. "Oh, Yoongi! You're finally --!"

"What are you doing here?" A low threatening voice of Taehyung cut in Jin's beaming one and everyone fell silent.

Dead silent.

The tranquil scene could not belie the irrefutable palpable tension in the atmosphere.

"I called him here," Jin admitted. "Is there something going on that I'm not aware of?"