CHAPTER 11

Accepting a challenge shall not make you any wiser if you do not know how to win it.

. . .

[Yin's POV]

As the two girls descended the stairs, into the hall, the sight of all girls and boys hoarding around a drunk Jungkook greeted them.

Standing tall on a wooden chair with his flushed face held up high, fingers of his right hand clasped around the neck of an alcohol bottle while the other had his index finger jutted in the air, he began, "Bitches and swine! -- oh, my bad -- ladies and gentlemen!" A peal of cacophonous laughter rippled through the dense air.

"Tonight is a big night!" He wavered his still jutted finger dramatically as he mimicked the scene of Ratatouille, causing the crowd to erupt in laughter again.

"Hey, Hyangmi." Someone to Yin's left said. He was tall, broad shoulders and adorned a beautiful smile.

"Oh, hi Jin, where's Taehyung? I haven't seen him since the evening." Hyangmi asked, addressing the guy.

"He hasn't come." Replied Jin, downing the liquid in his glass. "He said he has other important matters to attend."

Hyangmi snorted.

"Alright, getting back to what I had to say." The slightly swaying Jungkook on his chair said. "We're going to play hide and seek!" He cried excitedly while the crowd groaned aloud.

"Hide and seek?" Pipped up a guy, unbelievingly. "Are we now five years old kids?"

"Shut up Jem." Irked, Jungkook snarled back, shooting him a nasty look before addressing the throng. "We'll play hide and seek but with a slight twist."

"And what's that?" Someone asked.

A wide devilish smirk stretched on his lips. "We'll add a little twist of seven minutes in heaven."

Instinctively, the rabble hollered, several oohing and whistles rented the air, a few cursed in fervour.

Jumping off his chair, Jungkook stated, "Girls to my right and boys to my left." Everyone began scurrying away. Yin was yanked by Hyangmi towards the girl's side.

"Hey, you!" Jungkook poked a boy who was slumped on the ground like a dead body in the grave. "You seem pretty drunk. Mind, blowing this whistle after thirty minutes?"

The guy nodded.

"Alright. So this is how it's going to be." He then turned to face everyone, grinning with thrilling zeal. "Girls are gonna hide, boys are gonna seek. If you're found, you and he are going to have a few or rather seven exact minutes of privacy."

No way in hell.

People broke out into raucous noises like untamed animals, notoriously wild. Yin felt as though she was left alone into the liar of unleashed beasts who would pounce on her any minute if were given the chance to.

"There's no way I'm going to play this ridiculous game," She muttered to herself and slowly backed up.

"Yin is not playing." Jimin came upfront, his jaw set as he approached Jungkook.

She had never been so grateful for Jimin until this day albeit she knew he didn't say it to protect rather said to ensure she didn't embarrass him.

"You sure didn't get it the first time I told you Jimin, did you?" Now a voice spoke up, coming from the further end of the room and everyone rounded to glance at the person.