Chapter 4: Quidditch tryouts

Quidditch starts in October just so you guys know. Also the Black family speaks French. I have no idea if it's canon or not but it is to me.

This chapter is really long um anyways hope you enjoy

Also Mon rouge means my red. I'm pretty sure but not 100% I apologize if that's wrong.

James Potter learned how to ride a broom as soon as he could walk, so it was fitting that Everly did the same. Thats how she found herself walking down to the quidditch field an hour before tryouts with James, Sirius, and Peter. Only James was trying out but Sirius and Pete promised to once spots as beater and keeper opened up.

"Eve, I'm telling you. You should try out." It was about the tenth time James has said that since this morning.
"Jamie, first years never make the team. Stop trying to make me embarrassed myself."
"Yeah as if you queen of confidence can embarrass yourself." Sirius snarked laughing as Everly lunged at him.
"Guys come on focus." James said separating the two.

They had been practicing for a while. Peter as keeper and James, Everly, and Sirius with the quaffle, (Sirius also had a bat because "Honestly James if I'm ever going to make beater I'm not going to do it by throwing the quaffle around." ) The stands were empty besides Regulus, Remus, Paisley, Lily, Marlene and Mary who had come to support James and Dorcas through tryouts.

Everly had the ball now weaving around Sirius, passing it to James who passed it back. She dived under Sirius again and made her way to Pete. She threw the ball up in the air, making Pete second guess which hoop she was going for, the ball came down to arm level and she swung at it making the quaffle go through the bottom hoop, completely missed by Pete.

Cheers from her friends in the stand were heard and James and Sirius were at her side fist bumps and high fives all around before James dove to get the quaffle again.
"That's like the fourth time you've scored on me." Pete said looking down at his hands gripping his broom.
"Ahh don't be sad Pete." James said coming up behind him with the quaffle one hand throwing the other over Pete's shoulders. "You've blocked all of Sir-"

"POTTER!"
All four turned at the voice to see the Gryffindors quidditch captain Alex Richardson standing on the field calling them down with an arm.
"Potter." He said again once they were all on the ground.
"Yes cap?" James said looking at him, but he wasn't looking at James.
"No, you Potter." He pointed at Everly. "You Potter.
"Huh?" Everly looked to James who shrugged.
"Are you trying out today?
"No I hadn't planned on it." Everly looked back at him, shocked at what he asked. "First years never make the team, didn't think I'd bother."
"I think you should try out."
"Huh?!" This time the confusion was voiced by all four of them, but Richardsons face didn't falter. Instead he pressed on, "I can see the way you and James communicate with and without words, you have some real talent I could use on the team. I'm not promising you guys a spot, I still have to see who else shows but I'd say you have a good chance."

He stopped and looked at his watch. "You guys should get ready, tryouts in 20." And with that he walked away.

Everyone from the bleachers was down and next to them on the field a minute after the captain left.
"What did he want?" Mary asked, hand on Sirius's arm. Everly saw Remus roll his eyes but it was so barely there no one else noticed.
"He um." Everly couldn't find the words for once. "He wants me to try out for the team. Apparently he saw me and James practicing."

A chorus of 'Oh my gods' and 'That's amazings' blurred together. Eve found herself wrapped in a giant hug from Lily and then a shy one from Regulus, whispering "You'll get on the team, I know it."

"She doesn't have a spot on the team yet guys bloody hell." James's harsh tone startled Everly out of the hug.
"I know I don't James. And anyways you were the one who wanted me to try out anyways. You've told me to try out 11 times this morning."
"Guess I got my damn wish then didn't I?" James snapped before walking away broom and quaffle in had towards the locker rooms.
"Um what the hell just happened?"
"We'll go check on him." Sirius said pushing Pete towards the locker room and grabbing Remus's arm. "You know how he is Eve, he's probably just shitting himself over tryouts."
"Oh that's a lovely image thank you Black." Lily said shaking her head at the "You're welcome!" Sirius called back.