Chapter 16: Bruised knuckles

I chugged a huge coffee before writing this chapter. anyways hope you enjoy it hehe.

“Welcome Hogwarts to another quidditch game of the season. There are a bloody lot of these- sorry Minnie. Anywho. Today's game is Gryffindor versus Ravenclaw and here come our teams!”

Both teams flew out and started warming up on the pitch. It was going to be the first game that Everly played against her boyfriend, Dorcas was stressing out about that fact more than Eve was. 

“Are you sure you guys won’t fight after the game? I mean you even play the same position.” She was saying as she flew around with Eve. 
“I’m telling you, we’ll be fine. And besides, I’m not James. I know it’s just a game.” Everly said flying towards her brother who was calling her to do some last minute game strategy. 

The game started off normal. Eve scored 2 goals within the first 10 minutes and James scored another right after. Jacob scored a goal too, but the others were failed attempts being blocked by Gryffindors Keeper Frank.

Everly was sticking to the plan that James had gone over, stay close to the goals and wait for the quaffle to be passed. She hadn't flown past Jacob much, just once or twice too quick to say anything. But now the other chasers were battling it out mid field and Jacob had flown over to where Everly was hovering and having a shouting conversation with Remus that the microphone was picking up, making the whole crowd laugh. 

“Hi babe.” He said, stopping right in front of her. 
“Hi babe. What are you doing over here?” She said, not shouting so Remus’s microphone couldn’t pick up their conversation. 
“I could ask you the same question, don’t you want to be where the action is?” He asked, smiling sweetly. 
“Ah nice try. You aren’t getting me to reveal James’s plan no matter how much you sweet talk me.” 
“I don’t need you to. We are going to win regardless of your brother's plan.” 
“Oh? And why is that?” Everly tilted her head with the question. 
“Well I mean your seeker is a girl, babe.” 
“What's that got to do with anything?” Everly frowned. 
“Boys are just better at quidditch, that’s just life.” Jacob said, his tone made it sound like he was saying the most obvious statement ever. 
“You do not actually bloody believe that Jay.” Eve raised her voice but ignored it as it echoed over the whole stadium. 
“Eve there's no need to shout alright it’s just the truth.” Jacob said in a soothing tone trying to calm her down. But it didn’t work, she was already furious. 
“You misogynistic arsehole!” Eve shouted. 

“Um. It seems that Gryffindor Chaser Everly and Ravenclaw Chaser Jacob are in a fight right now.” Remus spoke into the microphone as soon as Eve’s shouting got picked up. 
“Mr. Lupin the game please.” Professor McGonagall said, giving him a warning look.
“Minnie this is the game!” He shouted. “They are literally fighting right there. It's not my fault the microphone is picking it up.” Remus pointed toward Everly and Jacob hovering a few meters away. Minnie just sighed. 

“Everly listen-” Jacob tried explaining but Everly cut him off. 
“No. I don’t want to listen to you misogynistic bloody toerag. I can’t believe I’ve been dating someone who believes that just because you are a bloke you are better at quidditch.” Everly couldn’t help but continue shouting. 
“Babe really? Come on.” Jacob pleaded loudly. 
“Do not call me babe. We are done.”
“You are breaking up with me because you can’t admit that boys are better at quidditch?” He questioned. Big mistake. Everly closed the one foot gap between them and grabbed his quidditch jersey, getting in his face. 

“Now can I talk about the fight professor? It seems to have escalated.” 
“No. Talk about the other Potter.” Remus just sighed into the mic. Regardless of whether he talked about the fight or not the two were shouting at each other loud enough that his mic picked it up anyways.