Chapter 33: The stand in

a long chapter for you guys because i didn't get my shit together as fast as i wanted too

as always ur comments and votes help :)

Quidditch cup final, Gryffindor versus Hufflepuff.

One problem. Fabian Prewett, half of the best beater duo ever in Hogwarts was banned from playing for the rest of the year after a prank gone wrong. 

James was ballistic.

"Oh you have got to be fucking kidding me Fab!" He was pacing back and forth, throwing a fit in the middle of the field. The rest of the team was sitting around him.

"Jamie, come on!" Fabian was pleading with him. "It was a once in a lifetime opportunity I have been waiting to pull this prank for years!"
"You could have waited more!" James yelled.
"Oi come on James lets just take a walk." Everly moved to stand from where she was laying on the ground.

"No Eve!" He ran his hands through his sweaty hair. "This is the cup we are talking about!"

Dorcas looked at Everly from where she was laying on her stomach. He was right, unfortunately.

"What the fuck are we going to do?"
"We have to try out new beaters don't we?" Peter spoke up.
James shook his head, looked at Fabian, and then laid down on the grass face down.

"I think you killed him." Gideon slapped his brother on the back.

"Ladies and gentlemen!" Someone shouted from a few feet away.

Everyone turned to look at the voice.

"What the hell." Everly rolled her eyes.

Sirius was no less than strutting towards them with his arms spread wide.

"Your savior is here."

"What the hell do you want Black?" James asked but it was muffled by the grass he was still face down in.

"Why waste your time trying out new beaters when you have an amazing one right here?" Sirius squatted over James and rolled him over. He still looked unsure.
"What Prongs? Don't trust me?"

"I still don't understand their nicknames." Dorcas whispered to Everly. She just smiled back.

James sighed. "Gideon?"
"Yeah Cap?"
"Are you ok playing with Black?"
"Why of course Jamie." He stood up and took Sirius into a headlock. "I would love to work with the legend that is Sirius Black."

"The only thing Sirius is a legend for is the amount of girls he's been with." Everly said, high fiving Dorcas who started laughing.
"You say that like it's a bad thing baby Potter." Sirius had gotten out of Gideons grip and shoved him away.

"Ugh men." Everly shook her head.
"You have a boyfriend." Dorcas pointed out.
"Shut up."

James was pumped with the idea that the cup was still in reach. He had hopped up from his spot in the grass and wrestled Sirius into a hug.

"Let's get training."

Groans from the team was all that he heard.

"James, honestly we just got done." Dorcas whined.
"We have to train a new beater!"
"Just let Gid and Fab do it!" Everly shouted. "It's their fault anyway."
"We have to see how he works with the whole team!"
"Eve is right, Cap." Gid said. "We should train him alone first, he can join the team tomorrow."
"And we can ask for more time on the field for the rest of the week since we have to train a new player." Fabion pointed out.
"Alright." James backed down. "But we're going to train for an hour longer everyday because of it."