Chapter 26: The prank war pt1

heyyyy probably more updates soon since i'm going on break in 2 days

ily guys muah

It started three weeks before break when one of Paisley's muggle band posters started playing heavy metal at 5am. Everly was so tired from staying up half the night revising that she didn't even open her eyes to shoot the poster down with sparks from her wand flying everywhere.

"What the bloody hell was that?" Lily sat up and rubbed her eyes. Her hair was sticking up everywhere looking redder in the morning light.
"Did one of you charm my poster to do that?" Paisley questioned, rubbing the sleep from her eyes. All the girls looked at Everly who was sitting up but her eyes were still closed.
"I know you guys are looking at me. Why would I want to wake myself up this early? I think I went to sleep like two hours ago."

That's when they heard giggling from the hallway.

"That sounded like Sirius." Marlene whipped her covers off and ran to open the door just in time to see Sirius and James running down the hall to the staircase.
"How did they even get up here?" Lily said what they were all thinking.
"Isn't there a spell that keeps the guys from being able to climb the girls dormitory stairs?"
"They literally changed time a couple years ago. Do you really think some stairs are going to stop them?" Everly plopped back down on her bed and put a pillow over her face. "I'm going to try and get one more hour of sleep."

The next morning the boys were woken up by Sirius's record player blasting ABBA. Everly when setting the timer spell (that the boys obviously haven't discovered since they were up at 5am just to prank them) purposefully chose one of the boys least favorite records for them to wake up too.

"You've officially started a war, girls." Sirius said at breakfast. "I hope you know that."
"Be prepared to lose Black." Marlene said.
"Oooo Mckinnon I didn't know you dabbled in the field of pranks." James smiled at her while shoveling oatmeal in his mouth.
"Absolutely appalling Potter." Lily scoffed. "And now we all do since you woke all of us up with that metal music."
Remus looked across the table at Everly who was listening to the conversation at the same time as having one with Regulus from across the hall. "Can we agree Ms. Potter that prank wars are childish and foolish?"
"Oh absolutely, we can Mr. Lupin." She put on the same proper voice that he had used.
"Oh knock it off you too, you guys are the biggest pranksters here." Mary laughed before spooning some of her oatmeal into Sirius's mouth. Remus looked away fast but only Everly noticed.

A minute later Mary's oatmeal exploded, spraying it all over her and getting some on Sirius and Everly as well.

"What the fuck?" She shouted.
"That was so uncalled for we are supposed to be pranking them not getting oatmeal in my hair." Sirius scoffed before taking Mary out of the hall.
"Oh you guys are so dead." Everly said, realizing it was in her hair as well as on her shoulder. She followed behind Sirius and Mary heading to the bathrooms but before she made it there Regulus turned up at her side.

"Good morning darl-, is that oatmeal in your hair?"
"And on my robes. Blame one of the boys, I'm pretty sure it was Remus but I can't confirm."
"What would he do that for?" He asked, taking her hand and continuing to walk to the bathroom with her.
"We may have entered a prank war against the boys. But this one wasn't aimed at me. It was Mary's oatmeal that exploded. I just happened to be sitting next to her." She explained.
"Why exactly have you entered a prank war with the boys who are called 'prank Gods' here?"
"They are only called that because we never get caught so they don't know half of the pranks that go on around here are ours." They had reached the bathroom. "I'll be right out I just need to wash it off my hair and rob, wait for me?"
"Of course."

The pranks continued for the next week. The boys woke up one day with all of their robes having turned over night into Slytherin colors, the girls woke up the next day with mysterious green goo in all of their shoes.

There were individual pranks as well. Everly charmed James's books to scream whenever he opened one and the next day Everly woke up with bright purple hair. (Which to James's dismay looked very good on her according to everyone.) Paisley cursed Peter so whenever he tried to say Sirius's name he said 'stupid prick' instead, but the boys couldn't figure out which one of the girls had done it so all of them ended up with a tail the next day.

A week later the girls were exhausted from revising all hours of the night and looking out for pranks from the boys. They all collapsed onto their beds at 1 in the morning but Lily's bed quite literally swallowed her.

"What the fucking hell!" She screamed. Marlene was cackling on the floor when they had realized where Lily had gone.
"This isn't funny Marls get up!" Mary shouted at her, but she and Dorcas were trying not to laugh as well.

"How do we get her out?" Paisley asked while ripping the covers off of Lily's bed.
"She must be stuck in the mattress." Everly said looking at Lily's empty bed.
Lily was screaming. "I can still hear you guys! Get me out of here!"
"We don't know where you are! Are you in the mattress?" Marlene pushed on the bed.
"No I don't know where I am." She shouted back.

"Great Lily is lost in space between the dorm and the mattress." Mary threw her hands up in the air. "We have to get the boys to reverse this one."
"Absolutely not." Dorcas said.
"No, I refuse to let them win." Everly went to her nightstand to grab her wand. "Let's just see if a simple counter spell will work." She pointed her wand at Lily's bed, "Alright Lils you ready?"
"Yes get me out right now."
"Okay, one, two, Reverte." Lily appeared on top of her bed.
"Thank Merlin. I did not want to go get the boys." She said standing up. "Is that going to happen again if I lay back down on it?"
"Let's test it." Marlene grabbed one of her textbooks off of her desk and threw it onto Lily's bed. It sunk right in disappearing under the mattress. "Perfect now I don't have to do my potions homework."

"No, not perfect! How am I supposed to sleep?" Lily took one of her pillows off the floor and started hitting Marlene with it.
"Quit it Lily!"
"It's fine babe just sleep with one of us for the night." Everly put her wand back on her nightstand and started to get in bed.
"Okay. Shove over than Eve." Lily climbed into bed after Everly. "Regulus won't get jealous will he?" She laughed.
Everly hit her with a pillow. "We'll get them back don't worry Lil's. We'll get your bed back too, that will just require a trip to the library. And no, he won't get jealous don't look at me like that."

Two days later Lily's bed stopped swallowing things and they had finally came up with a prank to hopefully end the prank war for good.
Sneaking polyjuice potion into the boys drinks was hard, but it was done. Each of them woke up looking like a duplicate of Snape.

Legend says you can still hear their screams.

At 7am the boys bursted into the girls dorm. 4 copies of Snape in their dorm. They lost it. All six of them were rolling on the floor with laughter for more than 5 minutes.

"This. Is not. Funny." One of them said slowly. That just made the girls laugh louder because they even sounded like Snape.

"Turn us back. I can't look in the mirror and see Snivellus anymore."
"Should have thought of that before you turned my bed into a black hole." Lily said sitting up.
"That was nothing compared to this." Said one of them. "We can't go to class like this."
"No counter spell for this one boys." Marlene said. "So either you go looking like that, or you don't go at all." She patted one of them on the back and left the dorm; Mary and Dorcas followed her.

"Have a lovely day." Lily laughed before grabbing her bag and leaving as well.
"I believe the proper thing to say right now is, we win." Everly said, high-fiving Paisley.
"No more pranks towards us or we'll turn you into Dumbledore next." Paisley laughed and left the dorm with Everly.

"Why have I seen Snape so much today? Walking out of Gryffindor classes?" Regulus appeared at the Gryffindor table at lunch.
"We turned the boys into Snape." Everly ate a grape and smiled up at him.
"And they couldn't afford to miss without getting detention or missing something important this close to our final tests." Lily pointed out and then nodded towards the four Snapes walking up to the table.

"Looking rather dashing gentlemen." Regulus nodded at them and then left laughing his arse off. The entire table was also laughing.