Chapter 38: Midnight story

I am so sorry that this took so long, life as been so crazy

I was moving, then I was super busy, and halfway through writing this my computer decided to break down

but fear not, the computer has been gaslighted into working and I have another chapter for you

also as i was looking through my other chapters to make sure this one was factual with the timeline i got to thinking about rewriting some chapters and i want to know your thoughts pls

and a little bit of a heads up for this chapter before i shut up and let you read, i have been really into jegulus at the moment so this is a little bit of a #jegulus moment instead of our normal #regly moment or whatever you decided their shipname was

The Gryffindor rooms, as cozy as they are, are not sound proof. The storm outside is raging and Everly is awake staring at the ceiling. She's only been up for about 5 minutes because that's when the thunder and lightning started. Regulus is still asleep next to her, being a light sleeper he'll probably wake up soon, she thought.

Regulus knew that a bad storm was coming their way (it said in the paper this morning) so he told Everly he could stay over.

Everly hates storms.

There was rustling beside her and Regulus's head popped up to look at her. His curls were a little frizzy and his eyes were still sleepy.
"Thunder wake you up darling?" He asked.
"Yeah."

He made a sad face at her before sitting up a bit and gesturing with his head for her to sit up too.
"How is sitting up going to help me sleep?" She asked in an unimpressed voice.
"It's not." He shrugged. "I know you won't be able to sleep no matter what I do other than figuring out how to soundproof this tower. And the spells on the castle already in place stop that, and I've already had detention enough this term."
"You've had it once."
"Yeah once to many."
"You're impossible.

"Did you put my wand on your desk?" Regulus asks, ignoring Everly's eyeroll.
"Yeah, do you want me to cast a silencing spell so we don't wake the others?"
"That would probably be best, I can already hear Marlene yelling at us."

Everly moved closer to her desk and blindly reached her hand through the curtain to feel around on her desk for her wand. She ended up grabbing Regulus's and stared at it for a second when she brought it back through the curtain.
"Will it work if you use mine?" Regulus asked. "I'm not sure how dedicated my wand is to me."
"I guess we'll find out." Everly shrugged before jumping at the sound of thunder outside. Regulus ran his hand up her back and she shook her head before casting the silencing spell.
"Huh." Everly looked at him with a smile before putting it back on the desk. "Now what?"
"Um," Regulus thought for a moment and looked up at the ceiling. A smile spread across his face and he looked back down at Everly.

"Did I ever tell you that your brother was my first kiss?" The smile doesn't leave his face as Everly audibly gasps.

"What the hell did you just say to me?"

"You heard me right."
"No I really don't think I did Reggie what in godrics name did you just say?"
He just laughs until she has to hit him with a pillow to shut him up.
"I'm serious Reggie what the fuck are you taking about?"
"I sure hope you aren't Sirius." He looks at her with a straight face before busting out laughing again.
"Why are you like this at night honestly." Everly sighs. "It's like talking to a different person."
"Okay, okay I'm sorry just listen alright I'll tell you."

"Please before you get into the story- which I will be hearing every detail by the way-" She points her finger in is face and he just smiles, "Please tell me it was before we were dating."
"Of course it was! I wouldn't snog your brother while we were dating."
"Oh so lovely you have morals." She rolls her eyes for probably the fifth time since she woke up that night.
"Do you want the story or not?" He asked.
"Yes."
"Then drop the attitude and be quiet."
Everly just gave him an unimpressed look and pressed her lips together into a line.