Chapter 24: Nightmares

omg an update not a month apart

lucky you guys

also i started an instagram!!! sometimes wattpad doesn't notify you so i will be posting on the instagram when i update

i will also he posting pictures and art that reminds me of the story :)

instagram: mcdaddy.issues

enjoy!

It was risky to walk around the castle at this time of night. It was still early. Only 10:30 so the prefects were ending their patrol right about now. But he was tired of not sleeping. Regulus made his way, staying hidden from the prefects, to the portrait of the fat lady. Yes, he knew the Gryffidor password too.

It must have been a lucky night because when he walked in the only people in the common room were Lily, Remus, and Everly. He sighed a breath of release. Everly was on the couch with books spewed all around her and Lily and Remus were standing in front of her talking, they must have just gotten off of patrol.

"Do I need to find the Slytherin prefects to escort you back to your common room Mr. Black?" Lily joked when she noticed Regulus had walked in.
"Oh leave him be Lils." Everly said, hitting Lily's arm slightly. "Come sit Reggie."
"How could I possibly sit with all of these books around you?"
"So dramatic." Everly teased. She waved her hand and all the books on the couch made a neat stack on the floor next to her.
"Wandless magic?" Remus questioned as Regulus made himself comfortable on the couch. "Does James know you can do that? He'd throw a fit."
"I don't know. But now I'll have to show him." She smiled and looked back at the book she was reading.

"I'm going to head up. Don't stay up too late Eve. And Regulus?" Lily looked at him, "Don't get caught if you go back to your common room tonight."
"Anything for you Lily." Regulus smiled cheekly at her.
She hummed. "Kissass."

"Seriously though Reg. Don't get caught. If you have detention Evie's going to drag me into whatever prank she is planning right now. I have enough to deal with being friends with your brothers." Remus shook his head and started walking to the stairs.
"You act like you don't come up with most of the ideas Remus!" Everly called after him. He just looked at her and made a shush face before disappearing up the stairs.

"Are you actually planning a prank right now." Regulus questioned.
"No we are not doing this." 
"Wha-" He couldn't finish his sentence before she was speaking again.
"It's 10:30 pm sweetheart why are you in my common room?"
Regulus chuckled, "Sweetheart."
"Regulus."
"Sorry." He looked down trying to hide his red cheeks. "I can't sleep."

"Nightmares again?" She closed the book on her lap and put it on top of the others.
"Yeah. I've been doing so good, but The Daily Prophet keeps writing pages and pages on how the Dark Lord is gaining followers and every time the mail gets delivered someone reads it aloud." He started playing with his ring. "I just don't want to hear about it anymore. I got enough of that at home. I thought I could escape it here."
"Your parents talk about the dark lord in front of you?" Everly had a worried look on her face.
"My whole family does. I think they are going to join him."

"Oh Godric I'm so sorry Regulus. How can they support him? His morals and views are so corrupt."
"So is my family." He finally looked up at her. He was crying. Silent tears falling down his face.

"Oh come here." She opened her arms and pulled him into a hug. He continued to cry on her shoulder but she said nothing. There was nothing to say. She couldn't fix his family, or take him away from them no matter how much she wanted to.

Everly sat still rubbing his back until he sat up.
"It's really late. You should go to bed." He said.
She wiped his cheek with her thumb. "And what? Leave you here alone in the common room? You'd probably have a nightmare here too. Hold on." Everly sat up and scootched back on the couch. "Lay down here." She said. Regulus gave her a questioning look but she patted her lap again refusing to take no for an answer.