Chapter 9: A day in the life

Hi guys! This chapter is a long one ly!

8am breakfast
The girls left the common room followed by the boys. Regulus was waiting for them outside to walk to breakfast with Everly and the rest of them. James and Lily were loudly arguing which was normal, the rest of them either ignoring the two or joining in here and there.

"That is not something to be proud of James honestly you shouldn't be cheering when you find out your sister has detention." She was saying.
"I'm excited she finally got caught Lily don't you understand. Plus she's continuing my legacy of detentions starting now." He responded throwing an arm over Eve who shoved him off.
"This is a one time thing mate. I'm never getting caught again." She smiled proudly running her hand through her long hair.

"You know Eve. You could just stop sneaking out after curfew." Lily stated looking at Eve before continuing. "Honestly Regulus you were there, you're responsible why didn't you stop her?"

"Ha!" He laughed, along with all the boys and Paisley.
"What's so funny?" Lily asked obviously confused as to why they were laughing. It was Regulus who spoke up over the laughter.
"Eve doesn't listen to anyone. At all." He threw an unimpressed look at Eve who gasped in mock hurt. Paisley grabbed her hand before saying, "It's true Evie. Don't worry we love you for it."

"I listen to people!" She whined.
"No you don't." James said. "There's like a 1 in 1 million chance you'll listen when someone tells you not to do something." Everly just made a face at him as they entered the great hall for breakfast. The group called their goodbyes to Regulus who despite doing this every morning still looked slightly uncomfortable at the amount of people talking to him at once.

"See you later. Oh and mon rouge?" Eve turned around at the nickname. "Don't get another detention today."
"I won't don't worry Reg."
"I'm not kidding Eve don't push it. That means no suggesting professor Binns start a ghost club after school." He glared at her but she still didn't wipe off the smirk on her face.
"He thought it was a great idea and you know it." She shoved his shoulder as he turned mumbling something in French, and headed to the Slytherin table.

"Do you know what he called you?" Sirius said when she sat down.
"Mon rouge? No he won't tell me what it means. Says I'm smart I can figure it out if I want." Eve replied reaching for a piece of toast.

"It means my red." Sirius said staring at her, making sure he got her full reaction. She froze first processing, then she was quiet for a little spreading jam on her toast. No one else had heard what Sirius said, no one except for Remus and Paisley. All three started at her.
"Oh."

9am History
The fact that history was taught by a ghost was almost comical. Professor Binns was nice, but that meant rarely anyone payed attention to him. Everly was what you could call 'best friends' with all of her teachers, professor Binns included. She never wanted to make him feel bad so no matter how boring, she always paid attention.

This class was particularly boring as he rambled on about what seemed like the fourth goblin rebellion of the century. Everly taking notes, Paisley sleeping on her shoulder. After class, just because Regulus told her not too, she talked to him again about the idea of a ghost club which to put in his words, "Could either be a really good idea or a really bad idea. But either way I'll do it."

10am Charms
Charms was nothing special. Reversal spells like Reg had told them, on his way out of charms while they were heading in. Everly mastered it first try, Paisley on her second. The rest of class was spent helping other students get the hang of the spell per Flitwicks request.

11am Transfiguration
Regulus was waiting for them outside of charms, transfigurations being one of the two combined house classes this year they always walked together to it.