Chapter 6: Finals, finals, finals

Hi guys! I've been doing my best not to skip to much but it didn't work. This chapter takes place at the end of first year so I skipped a couple months.

The important events that happened in these months will appear in later chapters as memories I promise.

Also updates may not be happening everyday anymore after this one because I am starting school in person.

I hope you enjoy!

"Welcome professors and students to the quidditch final at Hogwarts!" Remus had been the quidditch commentator since halfway through his first year. It started as a punishment from a prank he got caught in, but after a couple games he started to like it, and the crowd loved him. McGonagall, not so much. Half of his commentary wasn't even about the game so Minnie would have to yell at him to "Get back to the game Mr. Lupin."

"Flying onto the field right now we have your Gryffindor team. Captain and chaser Alex Richardson, chaser James Potter, Youngest chaser of the century Everly Potter!" Eve gave him a look as she flew by with her team. "Yes Eve I will say that everytime you play even if you give me that look. Your Beaters Gideon and Fabian Prewitt, and Seeker Dorcas Meadows!"

Remus introduced the Ravenclaw team and everyone started warming up for the final game of the year, whoever won this game would win the quidditch cup and tons of points towards the house cup. Gryffindor really needed to win. Everly flew over to the Gryffindor crowd to high five Lily, Sirius, Peter, Mary, and Marlene along with everyone else in the front row before flying over to Remus in the stands with the professors.
"High five for good luck Minnie?" Everly held her hand up to professor McGonagall who was sitting next to Remus.

"How many time do I have to tell you Ms. Potter. It's professor to you." She retorted.
"I'm sorry professor Minnie."
"Fly away Ms. Potter." Her voice was stern but she smiled lightly when Eve high fived Remus and flew away to finish warming up.

"I want a clean gave from all of you. No hex's curses, or bad hits you here me?" Madam Hooch said, quaffle in hand ready to throw up. Everyone nodded and she blew her whistle throwing the quaffle in the air. Everly caught it immediately and flew towards the hoops.

"Everly has got the quaffle and is flying at impeccable speed. She throws it towards Richardson, he's got it and throws it off to James. The Ravenclaw Chasers not far behind them James throws it to Everly but- oh! It's intercepted by McAllister."
"Look alive Potter."
"McAllister!" She looked back at Eve trailing her for the quaffle and smiled. "Aw Eve, was this your ball?"
"Yes Riley, I'd like it back."
"Sorry love." Riley winked at Everly before flying faster and passing the quaffle towards another chaser on her team.

"Woah was that a wink McAllister gave Everly? Is this flirting between the two Chasers?" Remus commented.
"The game Mr. Lupin please."
"Oh come on Minnie that is so much better than the game- ugh! That's ten points to Ravenclaw scored by Lockhart!"

An hour into the game Ravenclaw was ahead 60 to 50. Everly had the quaffle and was making her way down the field.

"Everly has the quaffle and is making her- WOAH EVE WATCH OUT!" Remus yelled into the microphone and Everly had just enough time to swerve out of the way of the bludger coming full speed ahead at her, but she curved to hard. She felt herself lean to far to the side and then she was falling, her hand catching her so she was dangling off, one hand on the broom and the other not letting go of the quaffle. Lockhart was under her in a second, the other Chasers occupying James and Alex so they couldn't get close.

"Just drop the quaffle and you'll be able to get back on without falling." He said.
"Not a chance Lockhart, get lost." There was no way she was letting go of the ball.
"Everly is now hanging off her broom with one hand, 200 feet in the air refusing to let go of the quaffle. I don't know if she can hear me but Eve if you can, let go of the damn ball!"
She could hear him, but reminding her that she was 200 feet in the air was not helping.

James and Alex were yelling from down the field as well, mixes of "Don't fall Eve!" And "Just let go of the bloody ball!" Lockhart was still under her telling her to drop the ball but instead she started swinging her legs. Gaining momentum she was able to swing her right leg all the way around to sit on her broom again, never letting go of the quaffle. As soon as she was back on she flew fast towards the hoops.

"Everly has gotten back on her broom thank Merlin! She's speeding towards the goals and-yes! She scores 10 points to Gryffindor! We are now tied yes! Oh! And at the other end of the field both Seekers are at it, they might have spotted the- yes! Dorcas Meadows has caught the snitch that's 120 points! Gryffindor wins!"

Everly was on the field in a second tackling Dorcas into a hug that sooned turned into a team doggie pile.
"Alright, alright get off me you guys!" Dorcas said, her voice muffled by all the people on her. Everyone disbanded but Gid and Fab wouldn't let go of Everly. Profusely apologizing for missing the bludger and promising to never let her out of their sight.

"Guys I'm fine honestly it's ok." Everyone from the crowd that had come down at that point to congratulate the team looked at her in disbelief before all talking at once about how scary that was and how she could have died.

"Ms. Potter." Everyone stopped talking at once and looked to see professor McGonagall standing on the field a few feet from them.
"Yes professor?"
"I first wanted to congratulate you all on the win, I am very proud of you. And second Ms. Potter could we talk in my office about-" She paused. "About the bludger that almost hit you."
"Really professor? It was just a bludger doing what a bludger does was it not?" Everly looked at her confused as did Gid and Fab who where still hugging her and the rest of the crowd around them.
"No Everly I hate to say this but that bludger was hexed. Someone had meant for it to hit you."

"Someone hexed the bludger to hit Everly?"
Everyone turned at the voice, it was Regulus. "Reggie." He ran to Eve in a second and threw his arms around her, Gideon and Fabian letting go as soon as he started running.
"I'm afraid so Mr. Black. But I can see that now is not a good time. We can talk tomorrow, after school yes? It won't take to long seeing as you have final exams to study for." McGonagall waited for Eve to nod before walking away.

After a shouting fight between Everly and James the subject of the incident was dropped but not forgotten. Everyone still a little stunned from the event eventually calmed down as soon as the party started. We'll as much of a party as it could be. The alcohol was being kept away from the first, second, and third years so none of them were drunk. And with final exams due in the next week it couldn't go to late without risk of head boy and girl busting them. But there was still music and dancing, or what James called dancing, until it was finally time to go to bed and the excitement of the win slowly turned into anxiety for exams.

The week of final exams was filled with late night and early morning study sessions. In library, in the common room and even at meals. For potions the two had to perfectly brew a forgetfulness potion which they did, finishing first in the class. For transfigurations, the other class the two had together, they were called up one at a time to turn a feather into a spoon. The other final exams besides charms were all written. Essays and star charts filled their brains til the very end of the week, and then they were packing to leave.

"You promise to write mon rouge yes?" Regulus and Everly were making their way off the train and onto the platform of kings cross station. The week of exams had gone by in the blink of an eye and it was now technically the first day of summer.

"Are you ever going to tell me what that means?" Eve stopped in the croud to look at him.
"You're smart, you can figure it out if you want." He smiled before hugging her. "I'll miss you. Try not to prank James to much this summer. I don't want to read complaint letters because he pranked you back."
"Oh Jamie deserves it and you know it. And it's your fault if I send you complaint letters, you told me to write."

"Regulus!" It was his mother.
"I'd better go." He gave her a quick smile before turning and walking towards his mother, Everly turning to do the same.

She found James waiting for her with her parents who both gave her a giant hug before ushering both her and James towards the portkey waiting for them on the other side of the platform.
"James?"
"Yeah Eve?"
"Do friendships between people of different houses ever work out?"
"Don't worry about you and Reg. You guys will be fine I can tell."
"How can you tell?"
"Because you guys are willing to try."