Chapter 13: Who's he?

So I'm thinking that I'm going to need to add a slowburn tag to this story with the way its going uh anyways

update: I added the tag lmao

Here is a new character that is introduced in this chapter

Jacob Baylor:

Enjoy this really short chapter! Longer ones are on the way I promise

The platform was crowded but once they were on the train, everyone seemed to disperse into their own compartments. Everly was sitting with the girls when the train started moving. Everly, Lily and Paisley sitting on one side and Marlene, Dorcas, and Mary on the other. A couple minutes into talking about their summer Regulus opened the compartment door. 

“Hello darling.” 
“Reggie!” Everly leaped up from her seat and threw her arms around him in a hug. He hesitated at first but hugged her back after a second. 
“I found an empty compartment a couple doors down would you like to go?” He asked once she let go. Lily cleared her throat loudly and gave Eve a weird look when she turned around.

“I’ll meet you there ok Reg?” Eve said, turning back to Regulus. 
“Ok. By everyone!” He said waving at the rest of the girls before leaving.

Everly turned again to Lily crossing her arms over her chest. 
“Um Eve, what was that?” Lily asked. 
“What was what?” 
“Eve he just called you ‘darling’ ” Mary said pointing a finger at the compartment door Regulus just left. 
“Oh that? That's just a joke from over summer it doesn’t mean anything.” 
“He didn’t say it like a joke.” Lily countered.
“Lily, you are reading way too far into this. It's how he had to address my letters over summer so his mother would send them.” She pulled a face thinking about his mother. 

“Yeah but it's not summer anymore.” Paisley chimed. 
“Exactly, he's not sending letters anymore and he still called you that.” Lily agreed. 
“I’m telling you guys it's a joke. You are reading way too far into this.” Eve sighed walking out the compartment. 
“I don’t think you’re reading far enough into this!” Lily called after her. She was also walking out of the compartment but turned the other way to her prefects meeting.  

Everly hadn’t seen her brother and his friends since she got on the train and went with the girls but she could tell they weren’t far away when a dung bomb went off in the hallway while the prefects were making their after meeting rounds of the isles and compartments.

Remus and Lily had been made prefects this year so Regulus and Everly expected to see them pop their heads in the compartment but instead the compartment door opened to a guy wearing a Ravenclaw uniform with the shiny prefect pin. 

“Hey guys! We are almost there so you should probably change into your uniforms.” He said smiling at them. The two nodded and said thank you but the guy didn’t leave. 

“Your Everly Potter right?” He asked, looking at Everly. 
“Yeah um, hi?” She said back. 
“Oh.” The guy laughed. “I’m Jacob Baylor.” He said, reaching his hand towards her. 
“Oh yeah!” Everly shook his hand. “You’re a Chaser on the Ravenclaw team right?” 
“Yeah we’ve played against each other a couple times. You too.” Jacob said, pointing at Regulus. He just smiled but Eve could tell it was fake.

Jacob didn’t seem to notice so he continued, “I guess I’ll see you around Eve?” 
“Yes for sure.” And with that he left closing the compartment door behind him. 

“Who’s he?” Regulus asked once he was gone. 
“Were you not here for that entire conversation?” Eve chuckled. 
‘I don’t appreciate it when your sass is pointed at me.” 
“You know you love my sass.” She smiled, making a show of it and winked. He smiled back, trying not to laugh. “He’s a fourth year, I’ve seen him around and played against him a couple times. He’s pretty good. I haven’t ever talked to him until just now though.” 

Regulus nodded before saying, “Do you fancy him?”
“Fancy him?” Eve laughed. “I’ve only just met him Reg. I mean he is quite fit but that's not all that matters is it? I would have to get to know him first.” 
“Yeah, of course.” He looked down and played with his ring. 

“Come on, we’d better get changed.”