~4~

Slipping into her low cut black boots, Rosie fetches her purse and apartment keys, leaving the apartment 30 min earlier than she planned

Slipping into her low cut black boots, Rosie fetches her purse and apartment keys, leaving the apartment 30 min earlier than she planned. "Just in case" she thought. Her heart already feels like it's about to burst. She waited so long to reach this moment, finally starting the journey of a lifetime. Her confidence (and nervousness) gave her enough energy to prepare for any challenge coming her way.

Walking the streets of LA feels different knowing how big of a day it was for her. The big smile never left her face upon waking up from her bed, earlier than the alarm as usual.

Cars drove by her, causing her hat to almost levitate. Cars of different colors, driven by different people, with different dreams, and different-

"Don't hide your gorgeous smile. You're making me sad." The voice sounded deep, husky....

dangerous.

Rosie halts upon hearing a loud yet suspicious conversation. She slowly turns her head, searching for the source of the voice. After a few quick glances, she finally catches the culprit. There were two males. One clearly older (and taller) than the other.

"It's so rare to see someone who looks as ethereal as you. Even when you have your mask on." 

Ew who says that to a stranger. Creep.

"i-is that so?" the shorter one finally speaks. Rosie hates her habit of eavesdropping. But this time....it could be beneficial. Besides, she has tons of time to spare before doors open for auditions. She tip toes to a nearby parked car and hides behind it. "I'd love to talk more, but I need to leave if you excuse m-"

"Am I making you sad? What can I do to make you feel better" The older says as he reaches for the shorter one's shoulder, giving it a gentle squeeze.

The shorter one stiffens, clearly looking uncomfortable by this man's presence.

He didn't want this.

Rosie was also late to discover a black van parked next to the pair, she couldn't make out how many were in the van, but any number is suspicious enough.

Should I help him? What if I get kidnapped?

Rosie watches the pair once more. The shorter of the two looks paler than before.

But the audition...

The older has his hands on the other's mask, pulling it down slowly

Screw it.

"Oh my god! Is that who I think it is!?" Rosie squeals as she sprints towards them both in an excited matter, almost like a child

"I- what?" the pale one murmurs, not taking the hint.

You little sh** take a hint!

"Don't you remember me from math class? I sat next to you and you helped me cheat off all my exams! I would've never graduated if it wasn't for you!" A wave of relief leaves Rosie as soon as the other shows acknowledgement of her plan.