~16~

It felt as if time slowed down, the earth's rotation stopped. Rosie's glare doesn't leave the younger's. Her eyes carrying a mixture of emotions. Anger. Sadness. Betrayal. Confusion.

Even Lisa, who's body is completely frozen, stares back in fear. The secret she's been dreading of exposing was now out for the only person she trusts to know. A million questions going through her head. Should she explain instantly? Drop down and cry for forgiveness? Her thoughts were interrupted as soon as Rosie stands up on her feet shakily.

"What is this?" Rosie asks quietly, now eyeing her song book. "Why....How could you.." Rosie's raging eyes were soaked in hot boiling tears, the betrayal eating her up slowly.

"R-Rosie please I've been wanting to tell you for a while.."

"Tell me what!?" She suddenly raises her voice, causing Lisa to flinch. "That you've been working with an artist who practically ruined all my chances at following my dream career? That you've been plotting my downfall all this time!? Even went as far as stealing my song book!? Who the hell even are you!?" Rosie steps back, still not processing her emotions properly. She wishes that she could communicate in a calmer manner, but anger took the best of her.

"No! I would never-"

"Never what, Lisa!? Never steal my song and claim it as your own!? Well guess what? You guys already did, you got the recognition you needed, and everything I risked to get where I am is down the F***ing drain! Happy!?" Rosie rushes past the younger, bumping her shoulder in the process.

"Rosie, please let me explain!" Lisa begs, tears making their way down her cheek as well.

"I'm done, I'm done with everything and everyone. The whole world hates me now and little did I know it was all because of you and your stupid partner." Rosie grabs her clothes and storms out the apartment, still wearing the clean pajamas Lisa gave her. Watching as she distances herself from the younger, Lisa falls to the ground, crying harder than before. Her one source of light at the end of the tunnel is gone, now she's lost in the darkness again.

--------

Rosie covers her eyes when a car light flashes towards her, blinding her in the darkness. She stumbles her way to the car, shutting the door powerfully upon climbing in. It's apparent that she was angrily crying, but Mark chooses to smile either way.

"You look happy." He says sarcastically, not realizing that she wasn't in the mood.

"I want to go back home."

"I mean obviously that's where I'm taking you." He drives away from the building, the deserted streets making their conversation feel much more private. .

"No, I meant home by the one thousands of miles away from here. Everyone here hates my presence." Mark looks at her, surprised by her aggressive words.

"Excuse me, I don't hate you." He says with complete offense.

"Honestly, I can't trust anyone anymore." Rosie looks out the window, tears still running like waterfalls.

"Do you want to talk about it, once you're calm." He wasn't expecting a good answer from the younger, but she turns to him and nods.

"I can talk a bit about it." She lifts her legs up and hugs it, comforting her mind a bit before speaking. "What would you do if the one person who you trusted would support you, ends up betraying you the entire time without you knowing?" Mark nods, thinking about his words before talking.

"It really depends on the situation. But if the other person begs for your forgiveness, then hear them out. If they clearly don't care about hurting you, which should be obvious to tell, then leave them. They don't deserve you." Rosie takes in his words, but ushers him to keep going. "Did someone hurt you tonight?"

"Did you hear about the plagiarism scandal?" Mark nods, which doesn't surprise her. "One of the artists was my friend, but she never told me of her secret career as a rapper."

"So she participated in the scandal? Against you?"

"That's the thing, I'm not sure if she did it to hurt me." Rosie hiccups in between her words. "But as you said, she did beg for me to stay so she could explain herself, but I was too angry that I blocked out everything she said." She admits quietly.

"In this case, I would head home, rest well, eat a nice breakfast, then go about your day. When you're ready, you can ask her for an explanation." Rosie looks up at Mark, smiling weakly despite the runny tears. "We're here." He parks in front of her building, which still had protestors shouting. But now, they were accompanied with policemen, one of them approaching their car. Mark rolls down the window, his hands on the wheel.

"H-hello officer." Rosie greets with a tiny wave. The officer squints his eyes to study her face.

"Are you Rosie?" He asks, trying to stay quiet for the protestors not to hear. She nods, thankful that he recognizes her as herself and not one of the other freaks.

"C-can you escort me inside the building safely?" A sigh of relief escapes her lips when the officer gives her a thumbs up. He walks over to her side of the car and opens it, gaining the attention of the protestors. Their voices grew loud and angry as they continued to chant. Blocking out their words, Rosie and the officer rush towards the building safely. Thankfully, the other officers picked up what was happening and stopped any protestor from getting closer to her.

Once they arrive to her apartment door, she bows to him as a thanking.

"Just be careful when you leave." He says before walking away. Closing the door behind her, she heads towards her room to change out of the pajamas, because the smell of Lisa no longer comforted her.