~45~

Jimin

Wake up

I think he's still out. Should I splash some water on his face?

No, wait a bit. He'll wake up eventually.

"Gosh, I fought every urge to pass out, Meanwhile, this guy just went with it." Rosie says, poking the fainted guy's puffy cheeks. "Mom, is what you said actually true?"

"Yes, Jimin was born 5 minutes before you. That's your twin brother right there." She says, pointing towards Jimin. 

"You know, looking at him now, we do look alike." Rosie sits besides her mom, holding the patient's hand. 

"I want to wait till he wakes up for me to explain this all to you. It's a lot to take in." 

"But wait, why did you tell me that all my life I was an only child?" Rosie asks, feeling a bit hurt that such a big part of her identity was a lie. 

"Because your father took Jimin far away at a young age, that I lost hope in ever reuniting with him. Especially since I only knew what he looks like as a baby. But, I knew this was my son because I'm the one who named him." 

"Wow, I've been partnering with my brother all this time." Rosie's face lights up slowly to the realization. "I....actually have a brother! JIMIN WAKE YOUR ASS UP RIGHT NOW." She runs up to the producer, who's eyes shoots up upon hearing Rosie's shouting. 

"Rosie! Be gentle!" Her mom scolds. "Jimin, honey, how are you feeling? Are you alright? Should I call the nurse for some ice cubes?" 

"Ah, I'm fine..." Jimin wobbles his way to his supposed mother, sitting gently next to her. Once the headache subsides, he asks: "um, do you possibly have a picture of me with you? When I was younger?" To their surprise, she nods.

"Rosie, bring my purse from over there." She orders, which the singer obligates. "I have one in my wallet. A picture of the both of you sleeping next to each other in a crib as soon as I brought you guys to this world." She pulls out a small photograph, which indeed shows two newborn babies. 

"Oh my god, look at us!" Rosie squeals. 

"M-mom.." Jimin says quietly, which makes his mom gasp. "why did I end up so far away from you? And why did dad lie to me about adopting me?" She smiles at both of them, then leans back to lay down, patting both sides of the pillow. Jimin and Rosie look at each other then back to their mom. 

"Come here." She pulls their arms down, making them rest their heads on either side of her. "I guess this could be a little fairytale for me to tell both my babies." she squeezes both their cheeks, making them feel all types of giddiness. "When you came into this world, you both brought so much joy into my life. The birthing process was tiering, but seeing you both made it all worth it." Both siblings feel the heat rush through their faces, bashfulness overtaking them. "However, the doctors noticed a small dislocation in Jimin's hip bones. So they advised that I wait till he turns 1 for the surgery to happen. And so we waited. However, your dad and I fought a lot during that period. Financial issues, child care issues. It was getting really hard, but I was determined that things will get better. Until one day, your father suggested that Jimin could get his surgery done in America, because they do a 'better job' at it. And so I agreed to it, and he took Jimin there to do the surgery. Little did I know, he never came back. That was the last time I saw Jimin. I cried so much knowing that I lost a husband and a son at once." Jimin and Rosie fell silent, speechless over the story being told. "He didn't leave much money for both me and Rosie, so that's when I took online culinary class. And from that, with all the money I had left, I opened the café. And thank god it worked." 

"You know, that explains why dad was trying to get me to stop being around Rosie." Jimin suddenly confesses. "He gets so agitated when he sees us interacting in public. He also didn't want me to sing because it gives him bad and dark feelings." 

"That's because Rosie's voice is light and gentle, just like yours Jimin." His mom says, ruffling his hair. "Am I correct?"

"Wait! She's right! Your voice does sound bright like mines! Wow, how did I not notice?" Rosie says, laughing at her obliviousness. 

"Your father has some guts to stray you away from true family." His mom grunts. 

"Mom.." Jimin says hesitantly, still not used to calling her so. He was going to proceed with his saying, but was interrupted by the sudden tears that built up. "m-mom." 

"Yes son?" she says, placing his head on her shoulder. 

"Are you really my mom?" he chokes out behind his tears. "Like...really." 

"Gosh Jimin! Don't cry! You're gonna make me cry..." Rosie says, now on the verge of tears. 

"Both of you can let it all out, don't worry." Both siblings bury their face into their mother's shoulders, trying to stop their tears from falling. "Cry to eomma. It's okay. I'm here." 

They remain in this position for a few minutes, enjoying each other's company. Jimin never felt the proper love of a mother before, so this meeting was incredibly comforting. Sadly, the moment was interrupted by a nurse, who knocks on the door before entering. 

"I'm sorry for the intrusion, but visiting hours are ending soon. I'll give you guys some time to say your goodbyes." she says before leaving the room, causing the producer and singer to detach themselves from their parent. 

"I'm sorry that you guys came at such a bad timing, but I promise that I'll be discharged as soon as possible. I need to spend more time with you all." Their mom says with a sad smile, not wanting them to leave anytime soon. 

"It's okay eomma, rest well." Rosie reaches down to kiss her temple. "I love you." 

"I love you both very much." The mom smiles one last time before she was left in the room alone. Just as Rosie and Jimin exit, they stand in silence for a bit, then gave each other a look. Now, they view each other in such a different light. Finding out that they were never alone all their lives, and truthfully, they had each other all this time. This sudden rush of emotions comes by, causing both of them to let our tears of joy. 

"Dad hid such a big part of my identity from me, little did I know that she was right next to me for so long." Jimin says behind his tears. "I can't believe that I have a last name. Park. Park Jimin. Oh my gosh." He threw his arms around Rosie, catching her by surprise. This is the type of domesticity he was missing. The family he has back at home just doesn't seem right. But this, having his sister and mother by his side. This felt right. The two continue to soak each other's shirts with their own tears until it was time to meet with the others. 

------