~29~

"Damn, your dad has been blowing up your phone all morning" Jungkook snickers from beside Jimin, who was getting dressed to leave

"Damn, your dad has been blowing up your phone all morning" Jungkook snickers from beside Jimin, who was getting dressed to leave. "Do you have to go to him? Why can't you just call him back?" Jimin zips up his pants and looks himself in the mirror.

"I need to get his mind out of the gutter. Hating Rosie's songs is one thing, but disliking her existence to the point of preventing me from working with her because of his selfish reasons? Yeah, no thanks." Jimin gives Jungkook a tight squeeze on his shoulder before walking out of his room, the younger follows him from behind.

"Do you think he'll get convinced eventually?" They lock the door behind them and began walking through the building's hallways.

"Maybe. But it won't be easy. Especially when his reasoning either doesn't make sense or doesn't exist." Jimin rolls his eyes, annoyed about having to face his step dad after a long time for such a purpose.

--------

The boys walk through the automatic doors, greeted by cold air and bright lighting. The front receptionist spots Jimin, and gives a gentle smile as a greeting. He smiles back while Jungkook waves in tiny. She might not admit it, but it's pretty obvious that Jungkook is her favorite between the two. "He reminds me of a pet bunny," was her reasoning.

"Doctor Steven will start his break in 5 minutes. You can sit here to wait." She tells them while ushering them towards the chairs placed on the side. They both give their thanks and sat as ordered. After about 4 minutes, Jimin's step dad comes into view, not looking too happy considering the fact that he hasn't seen his son in months.

"Hey." Jimin greets as he stands up, lifting his chin up to meet his eyes.

"Go ahead and explain for me." he says bluntly.

"Not even a hello?" Jimin asks, clearly hurt by the careless approach.

"I'm not in the mood, Jimin. You really disappointed me with that magazine interview. What the hell were you thinking? Do you want your career to go up in flames?" His dad shoots back, making Jungkook's eyebrow raise high enough to show his confused state.

"You have never actually met her. Plus, I've been getting more recognition nowadays than all of my years back combined. She's an amazing singer and a kindhearted-"

"No!" He raises his voice slightly, making Jimin flinch. "I've experienced life far more than you have and I've seen how people act. They hide a lot about themselves that could ruin their image."

"She hasn't done anything wrong! Why do you have to butt into my career and relationships?" Jimin was now raising his voice back, not caring about who he's actually arguing with. Their exchange was already gaining some looks from the ones around them. "Let me bring her one day and you-"

"I said NO." His dad yells in response. "I don't want to be in the same room as her even if it's my last day on earth." Jungkook gulps at the last comment said. He reaches his hand to hold Jimin's, knowing well enough that Jimin's blood was boiling more and more by the minute. The touch of Jungkook's hand eased Jimin a bit, but he was still evidently angry.