~12~

-12 hours after release-

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK

Rosie's eyes shoots up at the loud noise coming from her front door.

"Rosie! Open the door!" Jimin, who sounded terrified and breathless, shouts and pounds from the other side of the entrance door. Without hesitation, Rosie jumps out of bed and throws on a hoodie before running up to the door to open it. Jimin and Jungkook rush inside and sat on the living room couch. For a morning after a single release, this wasn't the type of day she was expecting to start off with.

"W-what happened? You guys look like a mess." Jimin looks up at her with the saddest eyes, he might even be at the point of breaking down.

"Your song...it's.." Jimin stops himself, running his fingers through his hair. "It's not good. The feedback. Not good." Rosie's heart stops beating for a second. Her brain was still adjusting since she just woke up, but his emotions were clear enough for her to know the seriousness of the situation.

"Do you know J-hope and Lili? The famous underground rappers?" Jungkook asks as he rubs Jimin's back to calm him down.

"Never heard of him, I don't listen to rap as much." Rosie sits on the floor in front of them.

"They released a song two days before yours, and they used the exact same instrumental, almost as if Jimin produced it for them. But instead, they claimed it as their own." Jungkook continues. Rosie's eyes widen by the sudden news.

"Now everyone is blaming us for plagiarizing and refusing to support the single. Now journalists and paparazzi's are hoarding the front of our building. All because of that son of a b****" Jimin curses under his breathe.

"W-wait how did they use our song without being in the studio?" Rosie asks, now even more confused than before.

"Remember when I walked to the café to give you a flash drive with your song in it?" Jimin asks, earning a nod from Rosie. "I bumped into him and I think that's when I dropped it. He might've stollen it then."

"Can't you sue him for stealing your song? This whole thing doesn't seem legal at all." Rosie asks, desperate for some sort of solution.

"We don't have any evidence to back that up" Jungkook pouts, knowing that surrendering is the only option.

"Yeah we do! Jimin, why don't you post a video showing all of the details you put into making this song. It's still in the studio right?" Jimin nods, smiling slightly at her dedication.

"I guess. Even if I did so, the damage is done." Rosie hates seeing Jimin look so hopeless. He's drained after all the built up excitement washed out. She felt upset for Jimin more than herself, even if it was her first single. A tear made it's way onto her leg, making her realize how crushed she feels. They remain silent as Rosie sobs quietly. Whenever they find the light at the end of the tunnel, it always goes dark before she knows it. "I'm sorry" Jimin says as he places his hand on her head, making her sob even more.

"D-don't. Just don't" Rosie weakly punches his knee, frustrated at his guilt. He has no right to apologize, especially after everything he did for her.

----------

Jungkook pulls up beside the café, noticing Rosie's dry face after crying for nearly an hour.

"Are you sure you can work? You can tell Lisa that you aren't feeling too well." Jungkook assures her, but she shakes her head.

"I'm fine. Don't worry." She opens the door and thanks him quietly, shutting the door behind her. She swings the café door open and notices a gentleman talking to Lisa. Upon hearing the bell of the door ring, they both turn towards Rosie. Lisa's eyes soften at the sight of Rosie's puffy eyes and exhausted look.

"R-rosie! Are you oka-"

"There she is! The one I needed to see!" The man interrupts loudly, clapping his hands. Rosie gives him a questionable look as he approaches her.

"My name is Mike, and I work for Wall Street Journal and I wanted to see if you're interested in a quick Q&A type of thing because a lot of people have been anticipating answers from-"

"She's not feeling well, comeback some other time." Lisa steps in front of Rosie in an attempt to protect her from his weird offer.

"It won't take long, it'll be just 5 minutes!" The man pleads. But Lisa was already leading him to the door.

"Please leave," she demands and out the door he goes.

"Thanks Lisa, I didn't have the energy to do it." Rosie says, placing her forehead on Lisa's shoulder. Lisa wraps her arm around the other's neck in response, hugging her tightly. She knew exactly what she was going through, and it hurts to be the reason behind it. Rosie sniffles against her shoulder, not able to hold back her tears once again. "I wish I was brave enough to fight for myself but I can't." She was now crying harder than before, earning a gentle rub on her back.

"Shhhh, it's okay. I'm here, don't worry." Rosie lifts her head up to look at the younger.

"B-but, you're crying too." Rosie hiccups in between her words.

"I know!" Lisa began crying as she squeezes Rosie into another comforting hug. Good thing no one was around to witness the both of them being a complete crying mess. They were going through a hard time, without knowing the other's reasoning.

------

"Do you need anything from me before I leave?" Lisa asks Rosie, who's finishing up the last of the dishes.

"Nope. Good work!" Rosie says, forcing a smile back at the younger. She still feels curious about Lisa's sudden absences. Every time she wants to bring it up, she feels worried about what response she might get. Rosie always ends up shrugging the topic off, convincing herself that it's no big deal.

Lisa walks out the door and began her walk to the spot where Hobi awaits for her arrival. Just as she was a few feet away from the café, a hand grabs her wrist and pulls her around, causing her to gasp.

"Where are you going?" Jimin asks as Jungkook stood beside him.

"W-what do you mean?" Lisa asks nervously, taking a step back from the two. "What are you doing here anyway."

"You're Lili, right? You work with J-hope?" Jimin strikes her with a quick accusation, causing her eyes to widen.

"N-no oh my gosh what are you even saying?" Lisa feels herself stutter, her heart beat increasing rapidly.

"Rosie has been telling me about your little early exits, and your name is pretty damn similar to 'Lili'. Spit it out. Are you or are you not working with J-hope."

"I-I'm not! I don't even know what you're talking about!" Lisa wants to run for it, but she doesn't want to under estimate the speed of the younger beside him.

"You have Rosie's book, don't you?" Jimin steps closer, her jaw drops at his finale strike. She lifts her hand up to her mouth, not able to talk any further. "I guess I'm right."

"H-how did y-you...."

"The day that you and Rosie left was the last time I saw the book. And how dumb are you to forget that I have cameras all over my apartment. Just because my house doesn't look as luxurious as you think, doesn't mean I don't take myself seriously." Lisa falls onto the ground, trying to process what he said. Jimin kneels in front of her, his gaze reaching her level.

"I-I didn't. I- l-let me explain." She stutters out, but stops herself when Jimin lifts a finger up to her lips to keep her from going on.

"Just do me a little favor and tell J-hope, or Hobi, this. I will never forgive him for what he did, and he will get a taste of his own medicine pretty soon. And for you." He lifts her chin up to him, making her look into his threatening glare. "If you hurt Rosie, you will be my next target. Do I make myself clear." Lisa nods desperately, standing up quickly.

"Y-you won't tell Rosie about this, right?" She manages to ask, her voice still shaken up.

"No, but you will return her book to me as soon as possible." Jimin says before walking away from her. He knows that his threat is not to be messed with, and Lisa got that impression well enough.