~44~

The phone continues to ring, but the voicemail box opens for the 6th time. 

"Agh! She's not answering! She never told me she was in such a critical condition!" Rosie lets out a frustrated sigh, fighting back her tears. This was not part of the trip, it wasn't mean to be like this. 

"How about we take a taxi to a nearby hospital, maybe she's in there." Mark suggests, and they all agree to the idea. After calling a cab over, they head over to the hospital. They all might seem stressed, but panicking in front of Rosie might cause her to break down. So they patiently wait for whatever is bound to happen. 

Just as they arrive at the hospital, they all sprint towards the receptionist. 

"Hello, can I help you with anything?" The nice lady at the desk asks, trying to ignore their heavy breathing and panicked eyes. 

"Yes! I'm wondering if my mom is in this hospital. Her name is Areum Park. Is she a patient in here?" Rosie asks desperately. 

"Oh yes! She is, how are you related to the patient?" 

"I-I'm her daughter! And these are my friends, and that's her boyfriend."

"B-boyfriend!?" Mark exclaims at the sudden label. "N-not yet Rosie." 

"Well, only two people can visit at once. Who wants to go first?" she asks as she stands up from her seat. 

"You go first." Rosie says towards Mark. 

"M-me? Why me?" he asks in confusion. 

"Because if she was in really bad condition, I don't think I could face her. Can you check on her and let me know? I'll go after you." Rosie says with a sad smile. Mark could only nod, she knows what's best for her heart. 

And off he went with the staff, leaving behind Rosie and the rest. 

"It's okay Rosie, I'm sure your mom is fine." Jimin says in a comforting tone. "Let's just pray and see." Rosie nods, leaning her head on his shoulder with a pout. She can't possibly loose the only family she has. 

------

"I'm back." Mark arrives back with an unusually large smile. 

"How is she!?" Rosie shoots up from her seat and heads towards Mark. He responds with two thumbs up, making her sigh in relief. 

"She is in perfect condition. She only ended up here because her heart rate was abnormal and got exhausted quickly. She underwent a surgery and is just resting." Mark says, then brings out a sly smirks. "And she might've given me a lil smooch." 

"AWWW!" Rosie suddenly squeals, happiness taking over her at the thought that Mark and her mom are practically in love, which means she wasn't single anymore. "Oh my gosh, okay. Let's go Jimin." She pulls Jimin by his hand impatiently and drags him to where the staff was taking them.

-----

They reach the door that blocks their view from Rosie's only family. After such a long time, Rosie was finally seeing her mom. She has to admit, she's incredibly nervous. 

"Ready?" Jimin says, rubbing Rosie's back in comfort. She nods in response before opening the door. 

"Eomma!" Rosie calls out, which grabs the attention of the elder. 

"Rosie! Come here you big walking baby! Give eomma a hug!" Her mom says, stretching her arms out to hug her daughter. "What a beautiful surprise!" 

"I'm going to be here for two weeks, so I'm excited to see you so much more now! How are you feeling?" She asks while holding her mom's hand, not realizing how distant and shy Jimin was being. 

"I'm doing better than ever! Who do you got back there?" Her mom points towards Jimin, which was a queue for him to step closer. 

"Oh! That's the producer I'm working with." Rosie pulls him closer. "Eomma, meet Jimin. Jimin, this is my mom. 

"J-Jimin?" Her mom asks quietly. 

"N-nice to meet you Ms.Park." Jimin says, bowing out of respect. But her mom remains frozen in place. 

"J-Jimin?" She says again, making Rosie and Jimin confused. 

"Yup. That's his name." Rosie says jokingly, but doesn't expect her mom to reach her hand out to hold Jimin's. 

"Jimin, is that really you?" She asks once again. 

"M-mom, do you know him? Are you a fan of him or something?" Now Rosie was feeling a bit freaked out, her mom was holding Jimin's hand so lovingly. Suddenly, tears start to fall from her face, stunning Rosie and Jimin from the reaction. The elder looks at Rosie, confused on why Rosie wasn't catching on. 

"Oh my Jimin!" she cries out. "Jimin, do you not know me?" She asks, now sitting up from her seat. 

"M-ma'am I'm sorry, I don't know you before today." Jimin feels the need to apologize by her actions, but he's not sure what else to do. 

"Jimin no please, look at me. You really-" Her mom stops herself before realizing. 

He won't remember. 

"Mom please, you're freaking us out." Rosie has too many questions in her head, but her mom continues. 

"Jimin, your father. His name is Steven Jones?" She asks out of nowhere, causing Jimin's eyes to widen. 

"M-my step dad. Yes, that's his name. How did you know?" He asks, but Rosie's mom shakes her head aggressively, baffled by what he said. 

"No! Not step dad! He's your real father! Don't listen to his lies!" a mixture of anger and sadness clearly visible on her face as her voice gets louder. 

"No, he told me I was adopted! Miss, I think you have this all mixed up with a different person." Jimin says, trying to calm the elder down. 

"Yeah mom, please stop! Lay down for a bit." Rosie tries to push her mom back to the bed, but she grabs her wrist before she does so. 

"Your birthday is February 11, isn't that correct?" her mom asks once again, which takes Jimin by surprise. Rosie was about to object, stating that that's actually her birthday, but stops herself when Jimin slowly nods. 

"H-how...we share the same birthday!?" Rosie was now facing the producer, baffled by the fact that he never told her so. 

"Miss...how did you know?" he asks, but she proceeds. 

"You have a scar on your hip, is that correct?" Her mom asks again, now making his jaw drop. 

"H-how..." Jimin was speechless, what more does she know about him?

"Mom, what are you even saying?" Rosie wishes that her mom would stop harassing the poor boy, but at this point, it's no use. 

"Jimin." Her tears continue to fall as she reaches her hand out to cup Jimin's face. "My son."