~46~

(A/N:The next chapter is the finale! Gosh I'm gonna miss these characters...)

-------

Two days after their arrival, Rosie and Jimin's mother was discharged, which meant that the café has opened up once again. Their mother was thrilled to meet a handsome young man named Jin who was amazing at café work. So no surprise, he was hired on the spot. Meanwhile, Mark has been spending more time with her during their free hours. 

Rosie and Jimin sat on one of the tables, writing and composing songs. However, Rosie noticed how spaced out Jimin was. To break his long eye contact with the table, she waves her hands in front of him, causing him to jolt back. 

"You good?" Rosie asks curiously. Before he could answer, he reaches into his bag and pulls out his laptop, punching in the password. 

"I don't know. Ever since I met mom, I've had this sudden burst of confidence and am contemplating about releasing the song I sang. You know, the one you heard back at the studio?" he says as he nervously scratches his head, "now knowing dad's intentions, I just feel like...rebelling? If that's the right word." 

"I mean, he was trying to hide the truth from you. So now that we know it, I don't see why not?" Rosie says with a sudden grin. "Post it now. Like, right here."

"Wait now?" 

"Yes. Now. Don't think about it. Just do it!" Rosie continues to encourage him, causing him to click the mouse pad and gasp. 

"I-I did it."

"Wait really? Like, now?"

"Yeah. Like. Now. It says it's posted." 

They both stare at each other for a few seconds before bursting out in fits of laughter, loud enough to echo around the place. As if it was a mirror image, they both uncontrollably laugh to the extent of loosing their balance, causing them both to fall off their chairs. 

Replies: 

Replies

@.Parkinmygarage: OH MY GOD HE SINGS?!

@.Jiminchan: He sounds so good uwu!!🥺🥺

@.Jiminsleftnostrol: IM CRYING WHAT 

@.Rosieposielemonsquosy: FIRST ROSIE NOW JIMIN? IM IN TEARS THIS IS THE SOTY

Jimin couldn't hide his smile as he scrolls through the comments. People love the song, especially his voice. At this point, his father's opinion means nothing to him, because he's the only one who knows his own happiness. His heart felt like it was doing a thousand backflips, he finally shared what he's been keeping to himself for what feels like forever. He finally feels..free. 

Meanwhile, Rosie proceeded with her song writing. She took in her experience of being with her mom after many months apart, and turned that feeling into words. With Jimin's help, they managed to finish the song just before the café's closing hour. 

And that was their routine. They go out for different adventures, write about it, and the cycle repeats. It repeats for the whole 2 weeks they spent in Seoul. When the final day of their staying comes to an end, they all arrive at the airport with small pouts on their faces. It was clear that no one wants to leave, but it had to happen. 

"Eomma, I wish you could come with us." Jimin says, not wanting to let go of his mother's hug. She chuckles at his stubbornness as she plays with his locks. 

"Jimminie, you're rich enough to come here often. So stop whining!" She says while pulling away and booping his nose. "You have my number now, so call me often!" 

"I will. Thanks mom." he kisses her hand before backing away, fighting every tear that tries to escape. 

"Rosie, come with your brother if he ever visits, alright?" The elder says, approaching her daughter with sad eyes. "Thank you for coming and bringing so much joy with you." 

"I love you so much, eomma." She hugs her mother. It's as if it was deja vu. Hugging her mother goodbye at the airport, on her way back to America. 

"W-what about me?" Jungkook says from beside them. 

"Oh you! You brought me so much happiness too, you little handsome hunk." She says while squishing his cheeks, making him smile to the point of squinting his eyes. "Come here more, I can find you a whole bunch of people to date." 

"R-really!? Agh, do we have to leave?" Jungkook whines at the thought of a missed opportunity. They all collectively laugh, enjoying every lasting moment together. 

"Ah, and Mark!" Rosie suddenly calls out the male who was standing on the side, watching from afar. "Take care of my mom well. I'll miss you too, thank you for everything you did for me back at the states." Rosie says, high fiving him as a friendly gesture. 

"No problem, kid. And I promise to make up for all the years she spent alone." Mark wraps his arm around her mother's waist, smiling down at her like she's the rarest flower amongst the field of roses. Rosie watches them with a hopeful smile, this is what she's been wanting for her mom for so long. 

They all wave goodbye before heading to the airplane, leaving Jin and Mark behind. After a few naps, the airplane lands and they were back to their regular lives with a pile of songs to produce and record.