"What the hell, Maya?"

"Bambina?" Carina's soft words pulled Maya out of her relaxed sleep. "Someone is here to see you. I think it's Andy." Carina left the room again heading to the front door. Maya stretched her hands into the air, to try to shake some of her tiredness away. She hated mornings and had always hated them. She got a slight headache remembering the events of last night. Before leaving the big bedroom Maya caught a glance of herself in the bathroom mirror. She turned from side to side and saw the entirety of the form she was so insecure about.

*Why do I look like this? Why can't I be different? I try I really do try to get rid of all the fat but I can't. Why does this hurt so much? Why do I feel so much guilt for eating? Why can't my brain work normally? Shit, go out now Andy is waiting!*

As soon as she left the bedroom Andy fell into her vision. She stood there arms crossed and ready for Maya.

"Hey, Maya," Andy said as soon as she noticed her best friend standing in the doorway. "Sorry that I just came without any warning. I came to talk to you really quickly. Carina let me in." For the first time in days, Maya had the hope she wasn't there to talk about her. And it didn't sound like she was. Andy finished her sentence and seconds later Carina was already back in the room with the two of them. Where she went wasn't clear to anyone but her. "Ok," Maya answered. It was short but effective. They all placed themselves on the couch and Maya got flashbacks from the day before.

*Nothing happened yesterday. Nothing will happen today. Just breath. Maybe Andy just needs advice about something with Robert. One thing you still have to figure out is a damn good excuse for yesterday. It will be fine after that. Maybe Carina just thought I was having a bad day, maybe*

Earlier, before Maya woke up:

"Andy, hi." Carina's voice greeted Andy at the door. She wasn't expecting to see her girlfriend's best friend but also didn't mind. She knew that everybody saw something was off, but she didn't understand how one could not. She hasn't figured out what was wrong with Maya even though she really tried. Of course, she had assumptions but didn't know if they were even close to the truth. They didn't talk yesterday, but Carina didn't want to pressure her fragile girlfriend. "So before we get Maya, can I talk to you really quick." Andy sounded serious but Carina already knew why so there was no fear rippling through her veins. Like there was always for Maya when someone tried to talk to her.

"Yeah, I think I know why you're here," Carina responded. She let Andy walk through the doorway and into the kitchen. Where she closed the door so that Maya could continue her peaceful sleep. Carina loved the way Maya slept so calmly even when the world around her was falling apart. The way her chest would rise and sink in a perfect rhythm. She loved the way her breath sounded when she laid next to her. She loved th-

"Carina?" She got pulled back into reality and away from her daydreams. "We have to do something! I think we can all see that." Carina agreed and they started talking. They talked for hours.

"We can't be sure it is one."

"Andy, she never eats and we all know how extensively she goes running daily. She has just gotten so good at hiding her pain. And she shouldn't have to hide it anymore. That's why I'm here. I want to be here for her."

"I know. I really do and I understand but we have to be 100% sure first, ok?"

"Ok. It's settled then."

Andy nodded to confirm Carina's statement and they walked out of the kitchen. Andy was leaned against a door and Carina was on the way to wake up her sleeping beauty.

Back to now:

"So," Andy broke the dreadful silence. "We all know you don't like your birthday. And I get that yesterday was hard for you, so we decided to organize something more private for you. Something less exciting." Andy's words made Maya feel at ease. It was nothing about Andy's problems which quite frankly annoyed Maya but the good thing is They didn't find out and that was the only thing that mattered. But something was not quite right. There was a detail which hadn't been told to Maya and she could feel that very clearly. Still, she decided to go along with it. She agreed to the pick nick that was suggested.

"I'll see you two at three then. See ya Bishop and your hot Italian girlfriend. Oh and Vic is coming too." The words were almost not there anymore. She was already too far away but Maya still loved the way everyone excepted Carina and made her part of the squad.

"I'm going to go change just give me three minutes," Maya said when they were back in the house. She pressed a short kiss against Carina's lips and disappeared into the bedroom. At this point, she thought she knew what they were planning and prepared for it. Exactly how she needed to. 

(Sorry this took so long I was just really busy with school. I hope you like it anyway...)