"hopefully, she will hold on."

The fire was huge and slowly eating up every inch of the house. Taking its structure and making it crumble. It tore an entire family apart. Taking the life of one. Starstruck Maya scanned the building under attack by fire, deciding how to make it stop. Looking for options to salvage it even remotely.

"Herrera, Hughes go in from here and save the civilians. Bring them out safely! Montgomery take the water and do your job!" Her orders were direct but nobody was expecting other behavior. This is how Maya worked. And it seemed to work perfectly. 

A minute later the fire was out and the civilians safe on their way to Grey-Sloan. The station was on the way back. It was almost the end of their shift and everyone was tired. Maya had a smile going from one cheek to the other, which was a very peculiar thing to see. She never smiled like a maniac high on love and lust. "Hey Capitan, aren't you awfully chipper today?" The sentence was spoken and her smile wiped away. She didn't answer. Finally, arriving at the station Maya smiled again. Her thoughts slipped away to her hot girlfriend and she couldn't help but smile like a love-drunk fool.

"Bishop wanna come to Joe's with us?" Jack asked. She thought about it. Until she remembered the twisty ways her mind works. The way it makes her regret ever have eaten or done something to gain weight. The way it makes her hate herself so much so she thinks her place in this world should be occupied by somebody not as terrible as her. The way it makes her think that she is not worth loving. "Can I bring Carina?" She asked while the entire station was glancing at her. "Uh, sure," Jack answered. Knowing very well Carina didn't like him in the slightest. The rest of the squad didn't seem to mind at all. Quite on the contrary. They all liked Maya's girlfriend.

holding hands Maya and Carina walked into Joe's. The rest of the station followed. Even Emmett decided to join. Carina threw a rapid glance in Andy's direction. Their conversation was still not done. They still had things to talk about and finally decide on what to do. They both had their own opinions and of course, nobody would give in. Wanting the best for someone can sometimes mean letting other people win. But that didn't entice either of them. Maya rested her head on Carina's shoulder while sipping on a cocktail. She had no clue what was inside that cocktail but all she needed to know it that it had a lot of booze. Which it clearly did. Today she didn't get drunk to have fun. She got drunk to forget and quiet the noise in her head. One thing that gave her comfort in all this was knowing there would be someone able to take her home and sleep next to her chasing away her fears.

"Bambina?" Carina's voice called for her girlfriend that she had lost after going to the toilet. Maya was not placed on the seat at the bar anymore.  She simply vanished. She looked around the bar. Searching for the short blond hair she got so used to playing with. "Guys, where the hell is my girlfriend?!?" At this point, Carina was full-on freaking out. She didn't quite know why but there was something wrong. Something deep in her gut told her that something had happened. "Uhm, wasn't she just here? I didn't see her leave so I don't know. I'm going to the hospital now. I'll call if I find her." Andy answered not as worried as Carina was. She didn't listen to anyone else she just walked out and started looking for her girlfriend.

Her phone rang. It was silent but still scared the crap out of her. It was Bailey. She didn't have time for her boss right now so she ignored the call and continued searching. She walked along the street of Joe's and looked down every street. Nothing. Of course, she didn't give up. She couldn't stop until she finds her. Until she has her back safe in her arms.

At Grey-Solan:

"Someone call Carina and if you don't reach her call again. She needs to come." Bailey's loud voice rang through the ER. She ran across the halls and into a small room. Maya was laying there. Unconscious with tons of doctors surrounding her. A tube hanging out of her mouth. And a heart monitor beeping next to her. "Her BP is down. And she lost a lot of blood. We don't know what happened yet, but it would be great if someone could find out." Amelia gave Bailey the update. She had a worried look all over her face. "Did they reach Carina? DID ANYONE CALL CARINA!?!?" she was screaming at the top of her lungs trying to get someone to do what needed to be done. "Carina- where I-"  Maya's voice was weak but one could understand what she wanted. "It's okay Maya. Relax. She is on her way just hold on a little she'll come." After Amelia finished her sentence Maya's eyes fell shut again. The monitor started beeping like crazy. The sound was loud and painful. "Push 3 of epi and start compressions and do it quickly!" Somebody called the order and it was executed instantly.

The beeping stopped. The compressions were finished. Her heart was back to beating normally again. Luckily it started again. "What the hell? What the hell? What happened who? when?" Andy stood at the door of the ER room. She came to the hospital to visit a patient and certainly did not expect to see this. She had tears starting to sting her eyes and anger starting to boil inside. "We don't know Andrea. All we know is that we can't reach Carina can you try?" Meredith answered her question as calmly as she could. "Sure, I'll try."

Her phone started ringing. And finally, Carina answered. "What Andy? What do you need I'm trying to find Maya so be quick!" She sounded mad and miserable at the same time. "Carina, you need to come to the hospital. Now." She knew Carina was about to ask why so she answered ahead. "Maya is here. We don't know what happened. Just come right now!" The call was immediately ended. She was probably on her way.

Hopefully, nothing happened. Hopefully, she will be fine. Hopefully, her heart doesn't give out again. Hopefully, she will hold on.

(I'd love to hear your predictions it's really interesting to me <333)