"You really do love her, huh?"

Carina stood there feeling terribly numb. She could move neither her legs nor any other body part. She was frozen. Standing there. Although there was one thing she felt. Only one thing. It was a tear finding its way down her red cheek. A single tear that still escaped before pure numbness kicked in. Other than that there was absolutely nothing. Not even pain was pulsating through her body anymore. Not the blame she felt put on her earlier. Not the anger that had made her fluster. There was absolutely nothing.

"She made it through surgery but she hasn't woken up yet. Her head wound was very severe and she lost a large amount of blood which caused her to pass out. Because of the head wound, there was a brain bleed luckily we could fix that. She is still out and sadly we have no idea if and when she will wake up. You can go visit her now, she asked for you before."

Amelia's words chimed through Carina's head again. Of course, she was utterly excited and glad she made it out of surgery but somehow the news weren't as pleasing as she had hoped. If she will wake up...
Andy led Carina through the halls of the hospital. She wasn't really able to walk alone without collapsing and hurting herself while falling. So she was led by different people to different places.

"Carina, we're here. You can go to her now. It's okay." Andy's silent voice made its way through the big walls of Carina's head which today was very unusual but she just couldn't wait to see Maya. Quickly she rushed towards the hospital bed. A bed that brought so much misery to so many people. And now that bed brought misery to her. Carefully she placed one of her heavy hands on the blanket covering her hurt girlfriend. "Baby, I'm right here. I'm not leaving. Please wake up for me, I still want to marry you. Please Bambina." By the sight of the love of her life, the numbness seemed to disappear slowly but surely. Carina didn't know if that was a good or bad thing. She knew as soon as the numb feeling faded away the tears would come pouring out of her again. Not knowing if they would ever stop. "Carina I'm so sorry. She'll be fine just hope for the best."

It's been 12 hours and Carina hasn't left her bedside. She didn't dare to. Because what if she leaves and her condition gets worse. Or what if she leaves her and she wakes up without her by the side of the bed. It was all too much to take but Carina had to stay strong and had to hope even if it didn't make sense.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

She was lost in thought when 2 voices were approaching. They didn't seem familiar to her but she also didn't have the energy to lift her head and look at who was intruding.

"You must be Carina." she didn't answer. "I'm Maya's brother." After that, she finally took the energy and looked up from her laying position. Her eyes grew wide at the look of Maya's brother. He looked put together and well. Not at all how Maya described him. Behind him stood a woman in tight jeans and a red blouse. Both of them looked concerned but didn't take a step closer towards Maya. "Yes, I'm her girlfriend."

Maya's brother pulled up his eyebrows probably not expecting Maya to have a partner in any sense.

(Before meeting each other both of them weren't the relationship type.)

For about 20 seconds they just stared at each other trying to figure out what to do or say. Finally, Andy walked in and broke the silence. She came off very surprised and stunned to see him here. "Mason, what the hell?! What are you doing here? what happened to you?" Her words came shooting out. Carina couldn't tell if Andy was happy to see him or anything else. There were no emotions noticeable. Carina just sat there and watched the action in front of her. "Well, I'm here because my sister is in a coma and I thought that would be a great reason to visit. Besides, I turned my life around a little. As you can see I no longer live on the street and I'm actually married to this incredible woman." He stretched out his arm and gestured in the direction of the woman with the red blouse. He took this situation with humor which enraged Carina like crazy and she was not afraid to show him that. This was not a fun situation.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to make you think I would take this lightly. My sister is in a coma and I have no idea how to cope so I use humor." Mason answered after a slight attack from Carina telling him not to joke about it. She nodded in response. For some reason, she didn't like Mason too much. Her heart was still very broken and she couldn't deal with jokes or fun at the moment.

Mason's wife left the room with Andy to get coffee, which meant that Carina and Mason were alone. There wasn't any sort of conversion going on. Until Mason broke the silence. "You really do love her, huh?" Carina wondered what kind of question that was. Of course, she loved Maya. She loves her so much her heartaches. She loves her so much her heart can't take separation for longer than a day. She loves her so much the only thing she yearns for is her touch. And now that exact love might drain the life out of her, but she is all in that is the only thing certain right now. She won't ever leave her behind. Ever