"Can I just Kiss you?"

Carina stuffed yet another piece of waffle into her mouth. To avoid being able to open her mouth to talk, maybe even avoiding thinking like that. But who knew? Maya certainly didn't. While Carina occupied herself Maya started searching for answers to Carina's questions even if for most of them there weren't any answers. There were so many articles about how to deal with assault, which symptoms a 'patient' could display, and interviews with victims. But there was hardly anyone talking about what to do, how to bring the case to the police, and so on. Nothing like that.

The phone rang from the living room, loud and annoying. Both of them hated the phone. Who even still had home phones and who called on them.
"Hello?" Maya spoke into the phone.
For a second it was just quite on the other line.
"Hi, Maya." Said the voice on the other line.
Quiet.
"It's me April. I'm sorry to bother it's just I wanted to tell you I'm out now too. I mean out of the clinic, not the closet. Ha- Uhm, I realize that I shouldn't have approached you in the clinic like that. I'm sorry- I"
April was cut off by Carina asking who was on the phone. She seemed tense. Maybe she recognized the voice or maybe Carina was just tense. For obvious reasons.
"Yes, what do you need?"
Silence fell on the other line. Maybe April didn't have a purpose she just didn't have anyone else to call. There was a slight tone of embarrassment bleeding through her voice.
"Well, yeah I guess I just wanted to let you know. And to ask if you would maybe want to grab dinner or something sometime? To celebrate both being out of the clinic. Wouldn't that be nice?"
Maya couldn't tell if she was being asked out usually she knew and heard through the white lies being told to her so that someone can take her out but now she was unsure. Carina furrowed her brows, confirming Maya's suspicion that she could indeed hear the conversation and recognize who it was. 
"Well, I don't know. Right now isn't the best time."
Maya's voice was weak, unsure how to respond. Carina walked away and stopped listening to the conversation. Which was less of a conversation and more of awkward sentences being exchanged.
"Oh, I'm sorry. Anything you want to talk about?" April asked. Maybe she didn't want anything from Maya. Maybe she was just being nice. Of course, she couldn't tell her what was going on. Carina would be furious and after all they did not know each other that well.
"No, it's fine. Thank you." It was an uncomfortable call. Silence fell over it and both Maya and April stayed quiet.
"Well, okay I'm gonna leave you to whatever you're doing-"
She was interrupted by Maya before she could finish.
"Actually, I have a question. Do you know anyone who has dealt with sexual assault?"
Maybe asking this wasn't smart but she didn't care right now. She was helpless and didn't know what to do.
"Eh,"
April seemed confused.
"Yeah, actually I do. My sister works with the police, especially with these cases. I can give you her number. Are you okay though?" She answered.
"Yeah, I'm fine sorry. It's random. But it would be great if you don't mind."
Maya was so grateful right now. She finally knew what to do. April gave her the number, they said their goodbyes, and that was that.

Carina looked skeptical when Maya walked back into the kitchen. She was still eating waffles. "Sorry," Maya said while she inched closer to Carina. "She just wanted to check in and all. Nothing big." Carina nodded to that. She didn't quite believe her but Maya didn't want to start a fight. "I have an idea. So I found this police officer, she works with these cases a lot and I thought she might be able to help us if you say yes we can go see her tomorrow." Carina sighed. Maya didn't actually know if they could see her tomorrow but she hoped and she needed Carina to agree. So she could feel a little less helpless. "Can I just kiss you? For now?" Again. No answer. Carina probably felt just as helpless or even more so and her choices seemed too grave. Maya nodded and grabbed her by the hips. She'd try again tomorrow. She'd try until Carina would be satisfied with a result. Until then her hands tangled in Carina's hair would be enough. That had to be enough. The soft but faster-getting kisses, the freshly made breakfast, the gasps for air in-between the kisses, the moans escaping their lips. Maybe Carina needed time and until she was ready Maya had to hold on and do nothing. That's what she needed. There isn't always an immediate solution sometimes in situations like these waiting could be good, or it could be the only option. Pulling the wound open before it healed might be life-threatening.

Tomorrow she'd try again.
"Bambina, can you please just kiss me for now. I will not give up, I just need a day or two. Is that okay?" Maya nodded. Of course, it was okay. She just wanted Carina to feel safe. But she was vulnerable not knowing what to do. Her thoughts though started drying out, disappearing as they kissed. They just needed each other. To Hold each other. For the moment that would be enough.

(Hey guysss sorry it took so long to update again. Are you still enjoying the story? Should I continue? Please as always tell me what u think:))