"She seems nice."

Maya quickly made her way around the corners of the clinic. It still seemed a little like a labyrinth. All the halls leading to so many different therapy rooms and decorations on the walls that were basically "don't worry, be happy". Her steps came faster and Maya's legs sped up with excitement. She knew who she hoped for. Almost arriving at the entrance hall Maya's heart started to beat a mile an hour. At least she hoped she had found the way to the entrance hall. Though she could not be sure.

Her eyes slung around the corner and went wide immediately at the sight of her.

"Bambina!" A familiar voice called. Maya ran towards her loving fiancee and jumped into her open arms. For a reason, Maya couldn't understand tears started to sting her eyes. Carina whispered soft words into Maya's ears. Making her feel at home again. Then the tears spilled. Carina didn't let her go. They embraced each other in their arms for ages. Yes, it has not been long since the last time they saw each other but neither of them could have known the yarning one could have for another person. Maya missed the way Carina's hair smelled and how hugging her felt like home. She missed her smirks or the way she spoke Italian when she got mad. Maya missed every single detail about Carina. "You know I missed you a lot," Carina said while wiping Maya's tears away with her thumb. Her hands were cupping Maya's face. Maya melted at her embrace but the tears stopped spilling. The look of her love was enough to make her cry and stop moments after.

The affection they showed each other and the lust that brewed inside them was missed over the past days. Of course, it was. These elements kept Maya alive through all this. They made her want to stay. Maya was happy having Carina back in her reach. Her brown eyes staring at her all over again. Just like when they met in that bar so many years ago. A loose strain of Carina's hair fell onto her forehead. Almost immediately Maya swiped it back in place behind one of Carina's ears. Closing most of the distance they had between each other. Slowly Carina closed that distance and brought their lips together in a warm kiss. Both of them smiled into it. Knowing they could feel each other's lips for eternity.

"So this is what you left me for?" Carina said looking around the entrance hall. Joking in a way only Maya could understand. Maya nodded eagerly while clinging onto Carina's arm. It was a way of saying «I'm never letting you leave again!»

"I have to ask, babe, why did they allow you in. It's not visiting day." Maya's eyebrows quirked up in confusion while letting that question roll out. She knew not to question Carina's ways but this one truly raised suspension. "Well, Bambina, being a doctor sometimes has its perks." She answered in her usual mysterious ways. "So no more kissing in the hallways. I'm your doctor and your doctor only" she smiled at Maya and Maya smiled back. She took whatever she could to see Carina. At the thought of that, she smiled again. Making it sound like Maya was in prison where visitors were a security hazard.

August fell back into Maya's vision. She looked intrigued in knowing what was going on. "Hey, Maya who is this? No visitors allowed till Wednesday remember?" Maya was about to respond when Carina stepped forward with a smirk placed on her plum lips. "I'm doctor Carina DeLuca. Here to check up on Maya Bishop. She needs to have close medical inspections after her coma." The smirk would have made it obvious that she was lying but Carina had her convincing ways. Maya looked stunned at how easy the lie came to Carina's lips. Wondering if the tension between them was not already enough for everyone to see how in love they truly were.

"Oh, so that's why you were kissing her earlier huh?" August replied. She knew. She knew way too well that Carina was lying. I mean they did kiss in plain sight anyone could have seen them. The brunette turned to Maya giving her an «I told you kissing in the hallways was too obvious.» look. Maya couldn't help but smile a little. She turned away trying to hide that smile.

"You know I always imagined your fiancee differently. I mean Doctor DeLuca is nothing like you described." August said next. Carina turned to Maya giving her a confused look. Maya, though, knew exactly what August meant.

She had never mentioned Carina to be a woman. Why should she? Even today there is always a fear of admitting that fact. It shouldn't be scary it really shouldn't and Maya is not ashamed to love a woman, not at all but the fear still lingers on the top of her skin. There is always the possibility of not being accepted or not being treated the same as a woman who happens to love a man is. As a Bisexual woman, Maya knows how different it feels. How the looks change when she is holding hands with a man and when she is holding hands with a woman. People often pretend to be oblivious when she is showing affection for Carina in public. Probably thinking «look at them, such good friends.» or «this is just a phase» (even though they are both grown women). The first time Maya felt a tingling in the pit of her stomach while around a girl she knew how hard it would be. How she thought that feeling of lust towards a woman was wrong and she should change her feelings. Of course, deep down she knew from the start she couldn't change them. She knew she would always adore the way soft curves formed on a women's body or how gentle the skin felt. She thought she was doomed. So, yes Maya never mentioned that Carina was a woman and not a man. Not because she was ashamed but because she knew to be scared.

Maya wasn't scared to tell August, who clearly also loved women the way Maya did. But that might have been part of the reason not to tell her. She didn't want August to make a move on her. And everybody is ashamed to fall for a straight girl. So she pretended to be one. "Yeah, we get that a lot." I chuckled. Trying to hide my nerves coming to an end. Carina does not need to worry about another woman. August could never be another woman Maya knew that but she also knew how jealousy happens and bubbles up in the worst moments. So, she just went along with August's games.

"Well, I'm going to head to therapy. Enjoy yourselves before getting caught again." She said and walked away. If she was mad she did not show it at all. Maya let go of Carina's arm trying to hide their secret love. "She seems nice," Carina mumbled still in thought. "Yeah, she is nice," Maya whispered quietly so that Carina could almost not understand. August was nice but she also wanted more than Maya, and now probably wouldn't stop demanding affection. Maya was trapped in a wicked game and didn't know how to break free without hurting anyone.