"She is pure light."

The sunlight woke them by shining through the white curtains in the bedroom. Yesterday they hadn't actually talked much after the phone call but Maya still assumed Carina was not yet inclined to talk about the next steps. Maybe she had to start taking matters into her own hands. "Mornin'" Carina really always woke up just a matter of seconds before Maya. No matter how little she moved, it was sweet but also made sneaking out, to fulfill a not yet complete plan, hard. "Good morning, honey. I'm gonna go make myself a shake." Carina nodded and dug her head back into the pillow to shade out the light.
Maya did actually make a shake but during that, she also tried to finalize her thoughts.
She would tell Carina she was going on a run and then would make her way down to the police station (even though it was more corrupt than anything), there she would ask for April's sister and lie about a robbery so not all of Seattle PD would know. There she would talk to her and finally solve this shit situation. Or at least something along these lines.

"I'm going on a run. There are still waffles from yesterday if you're hungry. I can bring you a coffee on the way back if you'd like?"
Maya spoke from the kitchen loud enough so that the neighbors could have probably heard it.
"Geez, no need to scream I'm not deaf," Carina said as she came out of the bedroom, she was smiling and obviously not mad. "And yes, that would be great bambina but-"
"Yes, only from the Italian coffee place down the street. Will do" Maya interrupted knowing exactly what Carina would have still added.

She ran a little, while she could still have been visible to Carina. She didn't plan on running all the way but once she started it was hard for her to stop. So she ran. The police department had to deal with her sweaty.
"Hi, I'm captain Maya Bishop. Could I speak to Detective Johnson?" She asked the receptionist. He was staring at her in confusion but then finally spoke.
"Imma need some ID. Why you doyou need her?"
Maya nodded and pulled the ID out from the little waist pocket of her running shorts. Then she talked about how she wanted to report a robbery. Which was, of course, not the reason she came
"Okay miss Bishop, she'll be out in a sec. Just wait here."
Maya waited for what felt like ages with all the circling thoughts. God, sometimes she hated her mind.

*Carina will be furious. She'll break off the engagement. How could you have been so stupid?*

After some more waiting.

*This isn't about you. God. Think about other people once in your life. This is for Carina and her happiness. And to get that bastard in jail or better yet six feet under.*

Somebody cleared their voice and interrupted her thought process. She wasn't getting anywhere helpful anyway.

"Captain Bishop, right? It's an honor to meet you. I read about you when you first got the captain position and was super impressed. And my sister was with you in the clinic. Wild right, small world." That woman really spoke fast, Maya could hardly keep up with the words spilling out of her.
"Yeah, hi." That was all Maya brought herself to say, she also managed to smile a toothless smile.
The woman gestured towards a small office at the back of the building.

She took in the room, once in it. It looked like any office would. A few books that probably have never been opened. A picture here and there. The largest one showed her and another woman,  April was also on it, in the front, photobombing their picture. Her desk looked well used which made Maya think she didn't spend a lot of time in the field.
"Sit, sit." She pulled out a chair for Maya and gestured for her to sit on it. "Sorry I probably come off as a lot" the woman spoke, "it's just I'm a huge fan and you look even more beautiful in person." She smiled.
Maybe everyone in this family had a flirty attitude. Then finally she spoke.
"How can I help you?" Then silence fell between them.
How does one even start talking about the love of your life being raped by an asshole while you were in a clinic?
But she had to try.
"So, this meeting isn't actually about me but about my partner," she started "She's a doctor in Grey-Sloan, she brings the cutest babies into this world. She is pure light i-" no matter how many years passed her awe for Carina would never. "Anyway, we couldn't be together for a while since I was in the clinic just like April but that doesn't really matter. While I was gone a new intern started working with her. He went to med school with her brother. And they got close pretty quickly." She stopped trying to keep cool and stop the tears from spilling. The detective nodded at her. She probably knew where this is going.
"One night while she was sleeping or resting in her bunk. He started getting closer but she didn't think much of it until he started touching her. That asshole tore her scrubs off her and then dared to say she looked chubby but he would fuck her anyway. She hasn't gone back to the hospital since and she's scared, she doesn't know what to do or who to turn to and then no one knows how this would even be handled in court. I didn't know what to do and when April called yesterday I had to ask if she knew anyone who deals with these things. She said you. That's why I'm here. I was hoping you could help us bring that man to justice and make sure he doesn't walk away free of any charge like the rest of them."

A painful silence rested between them now. Not because of either of them. But because of the simple pain that they both felt for Carina. For all women out there. But maybe they could make it right for Carina, and maybe other women would follow.

"All right. I'll help. Just know I cannot assure you that we'll succeed and this will hurt. Not only Carina but anyone in your surroundings. It isn't an easy process. And I can't lie to you it is going to suck, balls. But I'll do everything in my power to bring that man to justice." Johnson said yes. She said yes. Maya nodded and they arranged the next meetings and discussed everything that needed to be cleared. This was going to happen. They had to do it. For Carina.