A Million Dreams For a World We Can Make

Kaylee walked the streets of London as rain poured down from the sky as she wrapped her arms around herself as let it hit her head. After all, she was raised partially on the island of Puerto Rico so it rained down there a lot and her body got used to it.

She kept walking until she stopped and saw two little girls in a house singing "Every night I lie in bed, the brightest colors fill my head. A million dreams are keeping me awake."

"I think of what the world could be, A vision of the one I see. A million dreams are all it's gonna take."

Kaylee's eyes widened as stray tears came down her face 'The Greatest Showman?' she thought to herself "A million dreams for the world we're gonna make." She whispered before moving on.

Later, it stopped raining as Kaylee sat under the trees as the March breeze caressed her face. She stared out at the calming ocean waves before having a sudden feeling that her palms were warming up despite it being cold

She looks down at her palms and they were glowing a bright purplish-blue color with the moon and other strange symbols in a form of a circle. Kaylee didn't know it but her eyes were glowing.

'Why did you make me wait?'

The blue magic disappeared as Dracula's voice came into her head. Kaylee's eyes widened then narrowed as the rage built up inside her. "How can you ask me that?" She snarled

"I am not accustomed to being kept waiting."

"You had Lucy killed!!" Kaylee exclaimed as her eyes started glowing again. 'No, on the contrary, I tried to give her everlasting life. It was all of you that killed her.'

Kaylee shakes her head as she gets up and walks towards the ocean, her bare feet touching the sand below her while her eyes turned back to normal as she spoke "That wasn't Lucy we killed, that was some evil reincarnation of the person we once knew!"

'You are right. But I cannot persuade you of this until you long for me. And ask that I come to you.'

Kaylee sighed and sits down on the sand, watching the waves. Ever since she was young, she always felt like she had a connection to the water after swimming for the first time in Puerto Rico. Kaylee sensed another presence next to her as she turned around and saw Christine, wearing a white shirt with a black skirt that stopped above her ankles with brown victorian boots. Her dark brown curls tied together with a ribbon

"Raoul said that I could find you here." She said

Kaylee nodded before looking at the ocean as Christine sat down next to her "I always found the ocean to be calming." Kaylee said as she puts on her boots

Christine smiled "Do you remembered when we were young before our father died that we would always play on the beach,"

"That we would always be running around carefree with no troubles as the ocean breeze caressed our faces." Kaylee interrupted as she began to remember those memories with a smile on her lips

They both at the ocean as Kaylee started singing "I close my eyes and I can see the world that's waiting up for me, that I call my own."

Kaylee looks at Christine, her smile never fading "Through the dark, through the door, through where no one's been before. But it feels like home." She stands up and holds her hand up for Christine to take. "They can say, they can say it all sounds crazy. They can say, they can say I've lost my mind. I don't care, I don't care, so call me crazy."

Christine takes her hand as Kaylee helps her up "We can live in a world that we design."

The two of them started running across the beach back into the streets of London with Christine picking up her skirt "'Cause every night I lie in bed The brightest colors fill my head. A million dreams are keeping me awake."

Kaylee takes Christine to the Archery range and gets a bow and arrow quill to teach her how to shoot. She adjusts the way that Christine was holding before telling her to release the bowstring. The arrow hits the target dead center. Christine's eyes lit up with shock as Kaylee smiled.

"I think of what the world could be, a vision of the one I see. A million dreams is all it's gonna take.
Oh, a million dreams for the world we're gonna make."

Kaylee and Christine leave the archery range and they both walked down the streets to a park, not knowing that Dracula was watching as Kaylee continued "There's a house we can build, every room inside is filled with things from far away."

Kaylee picked up a white rose and gives it to Christine "The special things I compile Each one there to make you smile on a rainy day."

"They can say, they can say it all sounds crazy. They can say, they can say we've lost our minds. I don't care, I don't care if they call us crazy. Runaway to a world that we design."

Christine puts the rose in her hair, Kaylee begins to remember the memories from when she and Christine were young, feeling light and carefree as the two walked down the park "Every night I lie in bed The brightest colors fill my head. A million dreams are keeping me awake."

"I think of what the world could be a vision of the one I see. A million dreams are all it's gonna take.
Oh, a million dreams for the world we're gonna make."

Christine smiled, taking Kaylee's hands "However big, however small, let me be part of it all." She sang "Share your dreams with me. You may be right, you may be wrong. But say that you'll bring me along."

"To the world you see."

"To the world, I close my eyes to see. I close my eyes to see it." They sang together, Kaylee always understood that Christine was a tad bit overprotective but at this moment she didn't care. Kaylee smiled sweetly at her as she sang "Every night I lie in bed The brightest colors fill my head."

"A million dreams are keeping me awake." Christine sang

"A million dreams, a million dreams."

Kaylee and Christine then ran across the park, through the streets of London to Arthur's house "I think of what the world could be, a vision of the one I see. A million dreams is all it's gonna take. A million dreams for the world we're gonna make."

Before they went inside, Kaylee and Christine hugged "For the world, we're gonna make..."

They walked inside and immediately Gustave came up to them and hugged them. Van Helsing stepped out with Raoul, Mina, Jonathan, Quincey, Arthur, and Jack as he said "I know that this must be difficult for you both. Yet we have new insights into various ways we could detect and destroy the vampire."

Kaylee pets Gustave's head before saying "What do we know?."

"One from your friend Jonathan, who told of the vampire's sleeping coffins, filled with the earth of his homeland. Also, we learned from Dr. Seward that a method of communication exists between the vampire and Dr. Seward's patient, Mr. Renfield."

Kaylee said, "You need to take me with you."

"No, that would be..." Van Helsing paused "And yet... It might be that he will speak more openly to you than to us. Perhaps he sees in you...a kind of kindred spirit."

Kaylee nods, turning to Gustave saying "Gustave, I want to be careful." She changes out her tailcoat since it was wet and puts on a blue floral vest with a jacket on top "We'll be back soon."

"Ok, auntie Kaylee." He said before Kaylee, Van Helsing and Jack left out of the door, on their way to the insane asylum where Renfield currently resides...

In The Shadow of a Melody (Editing)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें