Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again

I laid down on the bed unable to sleep, I just stared up at the ceiling, basically trying to tire my eyes so I can fall back asleep.

The reason why I was up so early?

It's because I had another nightmare. This was the third time I had a nightmare in a row. And this wasn't my first rodeo.

But this nightmare was more about my, quote on quote 'Father' Then my mind drifted off to a question that made my heart clench.

'Will I ever see home again?'

Sighing, I grabbed a robe, putting it on then walked out the bedroom. I saw Raoul sleeping, I quietly tipped toed past him and walked downstairs. I walked out to the stables and spotted the carriage driver.

"Monsieur." I greeted quietly, holding the money pouch.

"Where to, Mademoiselle?"

"The cemetery." I handed him the money pouch.

Running back inside, I grabbed a blouse with black leggings. Along with boots, gloves, a military jacket that I let hang from my shoulders and a scarf to wrap around my neck. I spotted a bouquet of roses, some were either wilting or dead. I grabbed the healthier roses and went to my room.

I proceeded to takeoff my nightgown and proceeded to put on the peasant blouse and the black leggings

I know it isn't ladylike but I'm not in the right place now...

And Christine and Raoul weren't up to witness it.

After I put the boots, I hung the military jacket around my shoulders and tied the scarf around my neck. Grabbing my pistol, placing it on the side of my waist and walking out of the room with the roses in hand I quietly walked past Raoul, downstairs.

I walked towards the carriage, my jacket flowing behind me, I got in the carriage and took my seat.

"To my father's grave, please." I said

Then carriage started moving, I know that in this part of the movie Raoul was going to come after me.

But that's not the problem right now...

As the carriage passed through the foggy forest, I closed my eyes, reflecting on the events that took place.

"In sleep he sang to me, in dreams he came
That voice which calls to me and speaks my name."

The carriage arrived at the the tall, black, wrought iron gates of the cemetery.

I climbed out of the carriage and pushed the cemetery gates open, I walked in the cemetery closing the gates behind me shut. I looked at the the roses in my hands, sighing, I spoke.

"Little Luna thought of everything and nothing.
Her Father promised her and her sister that he would send her the Angel of Music. Her father promised them. Her father promised her."

"You were once my one companion.You were all that mattered." I sang as looked around the cemetery.

"You were once a friend and father. Then my world was shattered"

As I looked at angel statues, they look so creepy. I get shivers down my spine. More tears came down my face as I thought of sister. I miss her so much it hurts.

"Wishing you were somehow here again. Wishing you were somehow near"

I started walking deeper into the cemetery. "Sometimes it seemed, if I just dreamed. Somehow you would be here."

I miss her comfort when I'm sad, I without her I feel alone.

Oh Emma, where are I need you...

"Passing bells and sculpted angels Cold and monumental Seem for you the wrong companions You were warm and gentle."

I thought about what my mom said before she died.

"Kaylee, Emma, always look out for each other"

Those words stood with me ever since, thinking about my parents always made me cry.

I never asked for this!

I just wanted to go home and see my sister!

"Too many years Fighting back tears
Why can't the past just die?"

I see the Daae tomb, my heart began to beat faster

"Wishing you were somehow here again.
Knowing we must say goodbye.Try to forgive, teach me to live Give me the strength to try."

I started walking closer to the tomb"No more memories, no more silent tears No more gazing across the wasted years"

I kneeled down in front of the tomb, tears rolling down my face as I looked towards the tomb.

"Help me say goodbye. Help me say goodbye..."

I started crying, my thoughts and feelings turning into a frizzy as I just sat down there in front of the tomb...