The Longer I Live

Third person POV

Raoul entered into the cart where the group was staying, he watched as Kaylee sat in front of Van Helsing. He held the same object that he used before to hypnotize her.

Once she was hypnotized, her eyes to black she closed her eyes. While in her hypnosis state, Kaylee felt like she was in a black void when suddenly she heard singing behind her.

"All is dark; I hear the sound of water still."

She repeated "I hear the sound of water still,
but water passing through the land."

"Cattle low. (Cattle low.)"
"Water rushes past my head. (Water rushes past.)"

"I hear voices but what's being said is not something I understand. "

Kaylee closed her eyes "Something else, there's something else I can't quite hear."

All of a sudden, she felt a presence behind her, she felt weight on her shoulders like hands and a cool breath down her ear. "Just let me whisper in your ear, I'll be waiting for you."

"Always young...(Always young.)"

"Imagine staying always young. (Always young.)"

"Why should we all be born to die?"

"Let's leave that to the human race."

"Doomed from birth. (Doomed from birth.)"

"We don't have to go down that road."

"We don't have to shoulder that great load,
it's nothing something we'll ever face."

In the real world, Kaylee stood up her eyes opened and glowing white. Everyone stood up in shock and concern as Kaylee's eyes glowed, when an blue aura surrounded her.

"Clear your mind; you know there is no right or wrong."

"You're coming here where you belong,I'll be waiting for you."

"Life After Life, you won't need flowers on your grave. You won't need prayer, you have no mortal soul to save.  No one should mourn, No one should ever shed a tear,"

Kaylee closed her eyes, struggling to contain herself as she was on the brink overworking herself "The rewards I am offering shine brighter than gold. Life After Life!"

Then Kaylee fell as Christine and Mina caught her, the aura disappearing "What is next? You must speak! There must be more you know!" Van Helsing urged

Kaylee opened her now crimson red eyes and said "What have I done?"

Then she looked at Mina and Christine "It all felt like a dream."

****************
Kaylee's POV

"Forgive me Madame Kaylee, I was getting carried away."

"It's alright, professor." I replied with a smile, then said "It's best if I retire."

Quincey was about to say something when I cut him off "Please, I can't hear your plans, because the vampire could hear it through my thoughts, good night."

Then I walked back to the sleeping cart, closing the door behind me. Feeling tired I collapsed on the bed to rest

**************
I woke up but I wasn't in the sleeping cart, I was in some sort of castle. I sat up and looked at my hands. They were see through. Almost like I was a ghost.

Looking down, I was wearing a navy blue off shoulder dress that stopped above my knees that had patterns of the moon and stars.

Also, a blue ribbon tied my hair together, I was wearing black boots plus a two finger glove strapped to my right hand.

And I noticed something else,

The ring was gone...

I stood up and my eyes widened as I saw Dracula, standing in his coffin while he looked at,

The ring!

He must've taken it when he turned me into a vampire!

Then he started singing "I've seen so many sunsets in my life; I should know everything there is worth knowing. But since I saw her face
I don't know where I am, There's no map that can show me where I'm going."

"The longer I live the more I wonder If I know anything at all. If I've ever been in love, I can't recall." I walked slowly towards him as he continued "The longer I live the less I'm certain,
That I have all the answers right. I'd give all my yesterdays for one more night."

He looks in the tall window next to him "It's hard to make each moment count when you're alone, Maybe that's all I need to know. The longer I live without her near me,

I looked at the moon through the window "The longer the empty years will be. The world will not turn until she turns to me!"

Then I kneeled beside him. My eyes softened as he sang the last part with much strength and passion in his voice "My world will not turn until she turns to me..."

Then I blacked out...

*******************

I woke up back in the sleeping train cart. I sat up placing my forehead. I took off the covers and got up from the bed.

Grabbing my bag, I sensed that we were close to Transylvania. It was time for me to get ready for the final confrontation.